Sunday, July 23, 2023

Glitter Birthday for Sunday Stamps

Hello and welcome back!  It's time for a new challenge at Sunday Stamps and this time Lisa has given us a fabulous sketch to play with.  Be sure to pop over to the challenge blog to see the creative ways the other DT members used it.


To me this design said "use dies" so that's what I did, both for the background and the sentiment.


A week ago I spent the afternoon just playing with Distress Spray Stains and the background panel of this card is one of the results.  Starting with a panel of Distress Watercolor, I sprayed it with Kitsch Flamingo and Wilted Violet, along with squirts of water to get the spray moving.  When I was satisfied with how it looked, I dried it with my heat tool, sprayed it with a shimmer spray, then set it aside to dry while I created the rest of the card components.


Using the Altenew Geo Tiles Cover die, three panels were die cut then adhered together for some girth, and added to the sprayed panel after it dried.  I also die cut a panel of purple glitter paper with the same die, kept the frame for another day, then added the glitter centers to the circles on the card.  The last step was to die cut the sentiment from the same glitter paper and the shadow from vellum and add that to the card front.  All that glitter kind of plays with the camera so the focus isn't as sharp as I'd like but the card is so pretty IRL - lots of purple goodness!




I hope I've given you a bit of inspiration to play along with us - we'd love to see your card in the gallery! 

Take care!

Stef


Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Distress Watercolor, Simon Says Stamp Winter Glitter 6x6 pack, Lawn Fawn Pearl Vellum
Dies:  Altenew Geo Tiles Cover and Versatile Greetings 2 dies
Spray:  Kitsch Flamingo and Wilted Violet Distress Spray Stain, Hero Arts White Iridescent Shimmer Spray

3 comments:

Heather said...

Eee! Purple sparkles? This must be for ME! Lol, I'll get you my address in time for next year, lol. Seriously, just love this! What a fun design!

Lisa Elton said...

The geometric background is funky and fun! Love the sparkle, Stef!

Heidi Baks said...

Love, love the background! So fun to get messy!