Saturday, July 15, 2023

Black-Eyed Susans for The Flower Challenge

Hi all!  We're halfway through the month of July, so it's time for The Flower Challenge reminder post.  This month we are looking for CAS designs.  


As the name of this post suggests, my card features Black-Eyed Susans.  They are such great summer flowers!


I took a cue from Aileen and Vivian's cards from the first of the month on TFC and ink blended my background onto the card base, minimizing layers.  I used an MTF Rectangle Extraordinaire stencil to mask the outside then ink blended light greens and blues into the rectangle.  I haven't used this technique in forever and I appreciated how wonderfully it works for CAS cards.


After coloring the flowers with Copic markers, I used the matching dies to cut them out and then added them to the card front with thin foam tape, because I like that little bit of dimension it adds.  The die cut sentiment is from the same stamp set and after layering it across the flowers my card was complete!


Do you like to make CAS cards?  My endlessly talented teammates and guest designer Therese Calvird have some outstanding examples on TFC blog for your inspiration, so please take a moment to visit and then join us with your CAS card - the challenge remains open through July 25th.  I hope to see your card in the gallery!

Stef


Stamps:  Simon Says Stamp Black-Eyed Susans
Paper:  Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne, Simon Says Stamp Marine, Cadette, Limelicious and Pearfection
Other:  Black-Eyed Susan dies, MFT Rectangle Extraordinaire stencil
Copics:  Y26, 08, 13, YG45, G28, 21, E49, 37, 33

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful CAS card, Stef!

TaeEun said...

The ink blended background with a wide white frame works perfectly in your CAS design! It's a pretty summery card!

Bobby said...

Your card does look like summer, Stef. I love the masked and blended background.