Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Hello

Hello and welcome!  Today's card is one that I made for the current challenge at The Paper Players, where LeAnne has created a wonderful sketch.


I'm also joining the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge with an Anything Goes theme, the As You See It Challenge with their Recipe for Subtle Beauty and the current Addicted to Stamps Challenge to use die cuts and/or stencils.




I started with a panel of flowers and leaves that I'd previously foiled in gold and had in my stash.


The matching stencil made coloring the images easy and quick, then I used the matching die to cut them out.  A white panel was stenciled in blue on the bottom third, trimmed down and a corner cut with my trusty old SU corner rounder punch.  A shiny gold foiled strip was adhered across the top of the stenciling, then the flowers and sentiment arranged and adhered. 


 As I was preparing to add the main panel to a Flirty Flamingo card base, I realized I'd forgotten to emboss the top of the panel is the white space. So instead, an A2 size panel of Flirty Flamingo was embossed, adhered to the base, then the main image added with thin foam tape.  A few gems were added, and I was done!


Thanks so much for taking time to visit!  Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  None
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Hammermill, Flirty Flamingo (SU)
Ink:  Coral Reef, Passion Fruit, Fresh Pear and Key Lime (Pinkfresh Studio); Honey Drizzle and Sea Breeze (Altenew)
Other:  Brighter Days Hot Foil Plate, Stencils and Dies (PS), Fancy Script Words Hot Foil Plate and Die (Spellbinders), Arches Stencil (Simon Says Stamp), Sentiment Labels die (SSS), Tasteful Texture 3D embossing folder (SU), Corner Rounder punch (ret. SU), Crystal Collection - Bouquet (Lucy's Cards)

9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What pretty flowers, Stef! Love your color combination. The soft pink with the gold is wonderful!

Heather said...

So gorgeous, Stef! As always, your coloring is just so superb - LOVE these soft blossoms! Your details are perfectly buttoned up! Great "cooking!" Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Heather Cooper said...

I love your pretty card, Stef. The blooms are coloured so nicely and you have integrated all the elements of the challenge seamlessly! Thanks for giving our theme challenge a go at As You See It Challenges!

LeAnne said...

This is just SO pretty....the soft colors really make this a stunner! Thanks so much for playing with my sketch this week at the Players as well as our As You See It challenge too!

Jan Clothier said...

What a lovely combination of challenges! The stencilled bottom portion of the card adds great interest and a touch of elegance to an already great design. Thanks for joining in with us again at As You See It Challenge.

Christy Lynn said...

Great card, Stef! Love the colors you chose--the pink, blue, and light green work so well together. I like the embossing on the Flirty Flamingo layer, I think it works great even if it wasn't what you had planned to do at the start. Thanks for playing with the Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Absolutely gorgeous Stef! Love the soft colors. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is so pretty Stef! I love the foil detailing and I actually think the embossed base works really well. Thanks for playing our recipe challenge over at As You See It this week!

Jane Knudsen said...

Hi Stef, this is a beauty! You really hit this challenge. I love the foiling - I bought a machine awhile ago and have yet to try it. I need to because that foil really adds to this card! Thanks for joining us at As you See It!