Sunday, May 22, 2022

Hello Lovely

Hello and welcome!  I have a card to share that I made for the current challenge over at Color Hues.  Cindy chose the fabulous combination of red and aqua, so I couldn't resist playing along.


I had some fun using an older floral frame die and doing a bit of paper piecing using colored cardstock.


The Carnation Frame die was cut three times, once each from red, aqua and white.  I layered the white frame on two additional rectangles of the same size to give it stability and dimension, as well as provide a place to glue the interior pieces.


After puzzle piecing and adhering all the image components, I worked on the card base.  A panel of white was cut with a cover die, then adhered to the red card base.  I found some long retired textured red cardstock that was cut down with a rectangle die and layered atop the white panel.  The main image was adhered, then the sentiment stamped, die cut with a circle die and popped up with foam tape.  Although not really visible from the photos, I finished things off by painting the red flower petals with a shimmer pen.


Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate it!  Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Mini Everyday Messages (Mama Elephant)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Real Red (SU), Aqua Sky (Concord and 9th)
Ink:  Vineyard Berry (Altenew)
Other:  Carnation Frame die (Simon Says Stamp), Floral Grid Cover die (Pinkfresh Studio, Nested Infinity Rectangle and Circle dies (Hero Arts), Tonic Nuvo Aqua Shimmer pen

5 comments:

Karen said...

All that paper piecing and the fabulous frame add up to one wonderful card! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues; we're always glad to see your cards in our gallery!

Lisa Elton said...

All of your layers stacked up to one fabulous card! Love this, Stef!

Nancy said...

Gorgeous card, Stef! There is something so gratifying about putting those pieces back together. I really love that cover die a lot! I am off to see if it's still available. Wonderful job with the colors too. Thanks for choosing Color Hues to play along with!

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Stef! Seeing your card in the Color Hues gallery makes me happy! Thanks so much for playing along with our combo. First off, I wish I had some of the Aqua Sky paper, it nails the color I picture for aqua. Looks so very dramatic with the red. I"m so glad the colors inspire you because I always love seeing what you use from your collection. And your results ALWAYS inspire me! Love this one so much.

Julie B said...

Fab use of our colours to produce this dramatic design, love the paper piecing and the detail of the background panel. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues. :)