Thursday, May 5, 2022

Hibiscus and Hummingbird Birthday

Hello friends!  I haven't been joining many challenges as of late, but I was inspired to join both the Paper Players and Seize the Birthday (my second card for the current challenge) with a theme that included birds, and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, where the theme this week is "Feminine".

I have a couple of stamp sets that have both flowers and birds but decided to use one that has not seen much ink and included hummingbird stamps.


I spent some time on googling photos of both hibiscus and hummingbirds to get some inspiration for coloring using my Copic markers.  I saw oodles of bright color combinations, but I knew it would take some time to get the tricky color blending just right, and since I had a short window of opportunity to get my card made, I opted for single colors for both the flowers and the little hummer.  Next the sentiment was stamped in black pigment ink, then everything was die cut with matching dies. 


For the background, I softly ink blended light blue onto a panel of white, adhered a white die cut trellis, then adhered to a white card base.  I used foam tape to adhere the flower, hummingbird and sentiment, then added a few dew drop looking embellishments.  The final touch was to use a shimmer pen on the hummingbird, which I tried to capture in the photo, but no luck.


So glad you stopped by to take a look!  Take care and enjoy the rest of your week!

Stef


Stamps:  Hibiscus Blooms, XL Birthday Greetings (both Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne, Ocean Waves (Altenew)
Other:  Hibiscus Blooms and XL Birthday Greetings dies, Garden Trellis Cover die (Altenw), Aqua Shimmer pen (Tonic), Bubble Blow Out Embellishments (Trinity Stamps)
Copics:  RV29, 25, 23, 21, 00, R59, G29, 2, YG67, 45, 17. 05, 01, 00, BG90, Y15, 06, 000

8 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

WOW! Excellent coloring! You brought both bird and flowers to life! Thanks for joining in at STB twice :)

Pat said...

Wow....Gorgeous elements and design!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh gosh this is pretty, Stef! Love the coloring on the Hibiscus and I can just hear the hum of that little hummer!

Christy Lynn said...

I love the way shimmer pens like Wink of Stella look in person, but they're pretty much impossible to photograph :) Your card is beautiful, Stef! Love the lattice background and the soft blue wash to contrast with the boldly colored flowers and cute hummingbird. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

Jaydee said...

So pretty, Ste and beautifully colored as always! I love the soft lattice behind your gorgeous hibiscus, too! So glad you shared this with us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Nancy said...

This is absolutely stunning, Stef! Your coloring is soooo very good and your hummingbird is a perfect size! Totally in love with the entire card! Thanks for playing at Seize the Birthday and for making the topping look so good!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Stef, your coloring never ceases to amaze me! Wow! So much beautiful depth and detail. Thank you so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

JoAnn said...

Your little hummingbird is so cute and those hibiscus are gorgeous. Your coloring is fabulous. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.