Sunday, May 29, 2022

Special Delivery for Sunday Stamps

Hello and welcome!  It's time for a new challenge at Sunday Stamps and this time Heidi has given us a very interesting and fun sketch to work with.

I love the diagonal cut in the top rectangle to give it a different look, and initially I thought of using a flower die (what a surprise, right?) across both sections but then I was inspired to go a different direction.


I've had this cute little set from Stamping Bella for months and hadn't yet used it, so I thought it would be a fun way to use the sketch.  Initially I was going to use patterned paper but when I decided on the paper, I didn't want to cut it up so I used it for the background.  The sweet little owl with her special delivery envelope was colored with Copic markers then fussy cut, as there are no coordinating dies.  The sentiment was stamped, trimmed down, cut in two then rimmed with one of the Copic markers used to color the envelope.


The floral panel was die cut with a stitched rectangle die, then added to a white woodgrain card base, which is also the same paper I used for the diagonally split rectangle.  I used a brown Copic marker to color a strip of cardstock, matted it on a slightly larger white one, then adhered to the card.  The parts of the split rectangle were added with foam tape, as were the own and sentiment.  I debated about adding any embellishments as the background is already pretty darn busy, but in the end I liked how it looked with the addition of a few silver pearls.


Thanks for taking time to stop by!  I hope you'll use the link above to see how the other DT members used this sketch in spectacular fashion and also take time to join us!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Special Delivery (Stamping Bella)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, White Woodgrain (Ellen Hutson), Honey Bee Stamps "Free Bee" patterned paper (gift with purchase)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Other:  Stitched Rectangle die (MFT), Aqua Shimmer Pen (Tonic), Pearls - Silver Mix (Lucy's Cards)
Copics:  E77, 19, 15, 13, 11, 01, 000, 0000, YR14, R59

3 comments:

Heather said...

Dang, another super cutie, Stef! LOVE that pretty background paper, and your adorable bird - so sweet! How brilliant to emboss the slanty panel with woodgrain - looks fabulous! You so carried this theme!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, that bird is too much fun! what a cute card!

Claire Broadwater said...

This is so precious! I love every detail! This card made me smile!