Wednesday, May 4, 2022

In the Garden for The Flower Challenge

Hello and welcome!  It's time for a new challenge at The Flower Challenge and this month our theme is to add a number.  The design team has oodles of beautiful inspiration to show how they added numbers to their floral cards!


I'm also sharing my DT card with the Anything Goes challenge at Seize the Birthday and the Birthday challenge at Addicted to Stamps.



To create my card, I used a really amazing layering stencil from Taylored Expressions that results in three separate mini-slimline cards and was super easy to use!


The stenciling starts on a 5.75" x 9.75" panel of cardstock, and after you apply each layer, you cut the panel at 3.25" and 6.25" to end up with three card fronts with different floral designs.  I just think it's a brilliant design, especially if you need to make multiples.  I ended up trimming this stenciled panel down in size so I could mat it on black before adhering to the card front which ended up being 6"x 3.5".

I chose this design so I could add the birthday greeting in the center.  The Happy Birthday was already stamped and die cut, so that left die cutting the number 2, exclamation point and letter U from black cardstock three times to layer them up for dimension.  Once everything was adhered to the card, I used a shimmer pen to add sparkle, then covered the 2U! with Glossy Accents.


Here's a look at the other panels, which I'm saving for future use.


Thanks for taking time to stop by, I appreciate it!  Please be sure to use the link above to see all the beautiful cards by the other DT members and hopefully join us this month.

Come back by on the 15th when I'll have my Flower Challenge reminder card to share.

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Elegant Sentiments (Waffle Flower)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Black
Ink:  Versafine Clair Nocturne; Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, Spiced Marmalade and Wild Honey Distress; Limeade, Lime and Fresh Leaf (Altenew)
Other:  In the Garden Triple Slim Layering Stencils (TE), Elegant Sentiments die, Festive Alphabet & Numbers dies (Scrapbook.com)

8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

That Taylor really comes up with some terrific time savers! This is a fantastic idea - and you've chosen such pretty colors for your flowers, Stef!
Anyone would be happy to celebrate another year with this beauty!
=]

Mac Mable said...

Popping in to say that I love the layering effect with the stencils and WOW to your choice of vibrant colours. A real stunner x.

Nancy said...

I saw this pretty card over at TFC and had to come by for a close-up, delighted to see you linked up at Seize the Birthday too. The panels are gorgeous and love how you incorporated your number into your design! Love the mix of lights and darks as well. Thanks for playing along and your inspiration this morning!

Aileen said...

Wow what a brilliant at of stencils this is. Love the three different designs, I keep saying I won't buy anymore stencils then I see this. Of course I need it, you have inspired my mind againšŸ„° such a wonderful creation Stef hugs Aileen

Lisa Elton said...

What a delightful spring card! Love this, Stef!

Vicki Dutcher said...

This card is awesome! It totally screams Spring - fantastic stencils. Thanks for joining in at STB.

Lindsey said...

You have coloured this stencil so perfectly, it's beautiful! And makes for a gorgeous birthday card. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More and Seize the Birthday!

Bobby said...

Beautifully stenciled, Stef. I love the bright colors and the fact you get a three-fer is a big bonus.