Thursday, May 26, 2022

Thanks for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge

Hello and welcome!  It's time for a new Tic Tac Toe Challenge and this week we have a fun one created by the lovely Silke.  The Design Team has outdone themselves this week so be sure to use the link below to see their amazing cards!

I'd spent some time playing around with some Nuvo Shimmer Powders and decide to use some of the panels for my card, going diagonal from lower left to upper right - thank you, ribbon, vase.


The powder colors are quite vibrant, so sprinkling just a little bit around on a panel (I used watercolor paper) then spraying with water created some delicious results!  I made a solid teal, which I used as the background on my card, then did some that were half purple or yellow, with the other half green or teal.  Once those were completely dry (I think I let them dry overnight), I die cut the all the stems and trimmed down the background panel.


Next, I wrapped a piece of black satin ribbon around the panel and added it to the white card base with foam tape.  The sentiment and vase were die cut from black glossy cardstock, then adhered along with the die cut stems.  With all the shimmer on the panel and stems (sorry the photo does not do it justice), I decided to leave the card as is without any further embellishments.


Thanks for taking time to stop by, I always appreciate it!  I hope you're inspired to join us this week at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge!

Take care!

Stef


Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Glossy Black (Simon Says Stamp),Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor
Other:  Sunray Crossette, Solar Flair, Falling Leaves, Lilac Waterfall and Atlantis Burst Nuvo Shimmer Powders (Tonic); Script Thanks die (SSS), Vase Variety and Stems dies (Waffle Flower), Nested Infinity Rectangle die (Hero Arts), Black Satin Ribbon (ret. SU)

2 comments:

Carol said...

Stef, Your shimmer powders sound fun and I might need to get some now! Thanks for enabling me! Your card is so pretty and I can only image the shimmer in person!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Love the Shimmer Powder look...very neat! Awesome card!