Friday, May 6, 2022

Just A Note With Fruit

Hi there!  I have a card to share that I made for the current Festive Friday challenge.  I thought celebrating National Eat What You Want Day was fun, and perfect timing since I only recently acquired a stamp set with food items that I wanted to get inked up.

The stamp set I used is one I received as part of a three-day card making event back in March, and I didn't know if I'd use it because it wasn't quite my "style" I guess, but thought it was a fun one to have in my stash.  And sure enough, it worked great for this challenge, where my three items from the Inspo List are Food, Red and Twine.



I started by stamping each piece of fruit three times.  The stamps are layering stamps, so using a stamp positioner was very helpful.  After the stamping was complete, the fruit pieces along with the scallop circle and sentiment circle were all die cut.  I cut two additional circles to layer under the sentiment circle to give it some girth, colored the letters with a red Copic marker then inserted it into the die cut openings.


To go along with the scallop circle, I used a scallop rectangle die to cut a white panel.  A separate white panel was trimmed down to fit just inside the stitching on the scallop rectangle, then I adhered all the fruit pieces, trimming off the excess before adhering to the scallop rectangle.  The sentiment circle was added with foam tape, the panel wrapped with black Baker's Twine, then the panel was adhered to the card base.  The die cut sentiment letters looked a little flat, so I used Glossy Accents to add shine and I was much happier with how it turned out.


Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate it!  

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Just A Note (LDRS)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Versafine Clair Nocturne; Lime, Fresh Leaf, Forest Glades, Green Opal, Coral Bliss, Heartbeat, Citrus Burst and Maple Yellow (Altenew)
Other:  Just A Note dies, Black Baker's Twine (old SU), Scallop A2 Rectangle die (Honey Bee), Copic marker R46, Ranger Glossy Accents

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

You worked your magic with this set, Stef This is cute!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Stef I love your fruity background but the sentiment diecut is my favourite - the scalloped circle reminds me of a doily too, which really fits with the fruity theme. Thanks for sharing with us over at Festive Friday!

Beth McCullough said...

I love everything about your card, Stef! The glossy accents really make the sentiment pop! I love all the details (stitching, scallops, dots, etc) The bright color fruit is adorable too. Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday Challenge. Blessings, Beth :)

Melva Peters said...

Great card! Thanks for sharing on Festive Friday Challenges.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Congratulations, Stef! Your fabulous creation was selected as a Festive Fave over at the Festive Friday Challenge. Please hop over to the challenge blog to grab your winner’s badge for your blog. Thanks so much for joining us and I hope you will play along again soon!

Jaydee said...

Stef, it might not have been your style - but you rocked using it! I love the bright, cheerful colors and it just screams summer! Fabulous card. So glad you joined us at Festive Friday this week
jaydee