Saturday, July 3, 2021

Stay Chill!

Hello friends and welcome back!  I have a fun card to share today that I made for my oldest grandson's upcoming birthday. I'm sharing it at three challenges - Inspired By, Addicted to Stamps and Double D.




My grandson is in his 20's and I think this card is Just.So.Him. 😎


Isn't that gnome fun?  Since my grandson has a brown beard, which has been at varying lengths over time, I think this worked perfectly. And the sentiment too.  I started by coloring the mushroom and gnome, using Copic markers in colors from the Inspired By board (plus he has polka dot shorts lol!). Once complete they were cut out with the matching dies and also die cut the stamped sentiment. 


I wanted to keep the background simple, so I first inked up the sun using a stencil.  Next, I die cut two rows of grass from green cardstock and adhered that at the bottom of the stenciled panel. The mushroom was tucked between the rows of grass and adhered directly to the panel, then the sentiment and gnome were added with foam tape.  The entire panel was popped up on foam tape on the card base, then the final touch was to use a white gel pen to add some reflection to his sunglasses.   


Thanks for taking time to visit, I appreciate it!  I hope your summer is going well so far and for those in the US, have a happy 4th of July!

Stef


Stamps:  Chillin' Gnomes (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne, Citrus Burst, Maple Yellow and Autumn Blaze (Altenew)
Other:  Chillin' Gnomes dies, Featured Sentiment die (Altenew), Sun Stencil (Erin Lee Creative), Slimline Grassy Hills (MFT)
Copics:  BG57, 53, 11, YG23, 01, 00, Y26, 19, 17, 15, 13, YR18, 07, 16, E29, 27, 25, 23, 21, 11, 00, 51, W9

5 comments:

Darlene said...

LOL ... Oh Stef this is just too cute! Thanks for the chuckle! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Signs of Summer’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Kathy Krug said...

Oh my gosh. I laughed outloud on this card. Too darn cute. Thanks for sharing with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope you join us often.
kathy DD DT

Birgit said...

Such a fun summer card for our challenge! This gnome is cute as can be in his summer attire and long beard. So cute!~ I'm so glad you linked up with the DD challenge. Best of luck to you!

I Card Everyone said...

I adore this guy! and his polka dotty shorts! Stef, you gnome just how to make us smile at IB!!
SO cahUTE!!
=]

Danni Reid said...

CA-UTE card, this is so so fun and he's going to LOVE it! Thank you for inspiring us @IB this week!