Thursday, July 22, 2021

Tree Peony for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge

Hello friends and welcome back!  It's time for a new Tic Tac Toe challenge!  This week we are thrilled to have a board by our new DT member Silke Ledlow!  I hope you'll be inspired to join us this week!


I'm also joining the Watercooler Wednesday All About Occasions Challenge.


For the Tic Tac Toe challenge, I went across the top row - sequins, peony, orange.


I've had this Tree Peony stamp set for a while and have been itching to use it, so this challenge gave me that opportunity.  The peony and leaves are part of a layering stamp set.  I used the layering stamps to create the flower, which were easy to line up, but for the life of me could not get the leaf layers to line up properly, so I simply stamped the outline layer and colored the leaves with warm gray Copic markers.  I love the gray with the orange flower!


Next I die cut the Bold Stripes cover die three times from white cardstock, layered them together then adhered them to the Fog card base. The sentiment was white heat embossed on black cardstock, then die cut.  The leaves and small floral stems were adhered directly to the white die cut, then the large peony added with foam tape.  I used thin foam squares to add the sentiment, then added some luscious copper sequins that I have been hoarding saving in my stash.  And that finished things off!


Thanks for taking time to visit, I really appreciate it!  Be sure to use the link above to check out all the beautiful cards by the other DT members and hopefully join us this week!

Stef


Stamps:  Build-A-Flower:  Tree Peony, Sentiment Strips (both Altenew)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Black and Fog (both Simon Says Stamp)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Versamark; Pure Graphite, Burnt Red, Canyon Clay, Pastel Sunrise, Warm Sunshine, Honey Drizzle and Paper Bag (all Altenew)
Other:  Tree Peony dies (Altenew), Featured Sentiment die (Altenew), Bold Stripes Cover-up die (MFT), Super Fine White embossing powder (SSS), Copper sequins (SSS)
Copics:  W5, 3, 1, 0

6 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Stef, this is so beautiful! I love the tones of orange and grey that you've used, but most of all I ADORE that beautiful bloom. Peonies are my favourite ... this challenge is calling my name!

Dawn T said...

Just so beautiful Stef. Your blooms are stunning. Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is so beautiful Stef! I rarely use orange although find myself being more drawn to orange florals lately (no idea why!) It looks great with the grey and the striped diecut is fab too. Gorgeous!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Forgot to say - this would also be great for this month's Flower Card Challenge - their theme is flowers and spots/stripes :-)

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the pretty orange flower with the gray leaves. TFS

Tristan said...

Gorgeous card Stef. Love your colour scheme and that folwer really pops off that die cut background. Thanks for joining us at WWC. Tristan DT.