Friday, July 16, 2021

Sweet Friend

Hello there and welcome back!  I have a card to share that I've made for the wonderful Festive Friday Challenge.  The three elements I used from the list are wreath, heart and friendship sentiment.


I'm also joining the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the current theme is "Emboss It".

This is my second post today.  If you're interested, you can see my stargazer lily card here.

To create my card I used one of my favorite wreath stamps and a new word die.


I absolutely love that the wreath is shaped as a heart, I think it's so pretty.  The stamped image was colored with Copic markers then die cut with the coordinating die.  I also used a gold gel pen to color the berries but it looks more like platinum in the photos.  Next a panel of white cardstock was embossed with a 3D floral embossing folder and adhered to a panel of Pale Papaya, one of the new Stampin' Up In Colors which I love!  I knew I wanted to add the hugs die to the center of the wreath but it didn't stand out from the embossed background, so I channeled my inner Jennifer McGuire and set about adding vellum to the center.


To create some dimension as well as add the vellum center, I die cut the wreath three more times from white cardstock.  Before adhering I glued the colored wreath to a piece of vellum, let it dry then cut off the excess so it didn't show around the outside edges.  Then the vellum layer was sandwiched between the top layer and the other three layers glued underneath.  The hugs die was die cut five additional times from white cardstock, adhering the gold layer to two white layers and gluing to the vellum center, then adding the three remaining under the vellum so the center would not sag (I hope that makes sense!).  I truly felt like this was almost an engineering project lol!

To wrap things up the wreath with the die cut sentiment were adhered to the embossed layer, then the rest of the sentiment was stamped and heat embossed with gold embossing power, die cut and added to the card front with thin foam squares.  Lastly, some gold sequins were added to the card.


Thanks so much for visiting, I really appreciate it!  Take care and have a great weekend!

Stef


Stamps:  You Have My Heart (Simon Says Stamp), Bitty Buzzwords (Honeybee Stamps)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Pale Papaya (SU), Black (SSS), Tonic Mirror Gold cardstock, Pearlescent Vellum (Lawn Fawn)
Ink:  Gina K Obsidian Amalgam, Versamark
Other:  Big Scripty Hugs (SSS), Blossom Field embossing folder (SSS), You Have My Heart die, Featured Sentiment Die (Altenew), Antique Gold embossing powder (Altenew), Marvy gold gel pen, gold sequins from my stash
Copics:  G29, 28, 09, 03, 21, YG45, YR02, 01, 00

5 comments:

Helen Jennings said...

All your hard work in cutting multiple layers really pays off in this gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at the Festive Friday Challenge.

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Stef! I LOVE this heart shaped wreath. Well, to be honest, I love everything about this card. It was interesting to read how you added the vellum center. I am so happy you shared with us at Festive Friday this week!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is gorgeous, Stef. I love that wreath and you've colored it so beautifully. I love the peach with the green - such a lovely combination. A wonderful card for our challenge. Thanks for uch for playing at Festive Friday.

Lorraine A said...

Stunning card Stef! the whole design of this is just GORGEOUS!!! ❤️


Congratulations you have won the $25 voucher on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Please email us
simonsayschallenge@hotmail.com
luv
Lols x x x

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Congratulations, Stef! Your fabulous project was selected as a Festive Fave over at the Festive Friday Challenge. Please hop over to the challenge blog to grab your winner's badge for your blog. Thanks so much for joining us and I hope you will play along again soon!