Friday, July 16, 2021

Stargazer Birthday

Hello friends, I hope you're doing well!  Today I'm sharing the card I made for my daughter's birthday, which is today!  Her favorite flower of all is the Stargazer Lily and I was fortunate to find a stamp set with beautiful images of these flowers.  I'm sharing this card with two challenges - Seize the Birthday and The Flower Challenge.



The card I created has a frame around the edge of the front panel.  I added spots with splatter in the background plus the flowers have spots on them as well.


The floral stamp set is a layering stamp set, so I started by using my Misti to create the two lilies and the leaves, then die cut them with the coordinating dies.  I used a few of Altenew's Woodless Watercolor pencils as colored pencils to deepen some of the shadows in the flower centers and on some of the petals.

Next I moved onto the background.  I taped down a piece of watercolor paper, covered it with clear water then added color with a Magenta Karin marker.  I spread it around until I was happy then dried it with my heat tool.  When it was all dry, I splattered it with some of the marker ink as well as some white gouache.  I also added a tiny bit of white gouache splatter to the flowers as well.


The next step was to create the frame.  I used a scallop frame die and cut three frames from white cardstock then layered them together.  The stacked frame was then adhered to the trimmed down watercolor background panel, then added to the Ivory card base.  I arranged the floral images using liquid glue and foam tape, then stamped and hand cut the label sentiment, adding to the front with some then foam squares.  As a final touch a few gems were scattered about.


This is the first of two posts today, so come on back a bit later and check out my card for Festive Friday!

Thanks for taking time to visit, I really appreciate it!  Take care and I hope you have a great weekend!

Stef


Stamps: Build-A-Flower: Stargazer, Label Love (both Altenew)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Ivory (Simon Says Stamp), Strathmore Watercolor
Ink:  Versafine Clair Nocturne; Pink Diamond, Pinkalicious, Rubellite, Ruby Red, Autumn Blaze, Firebrick, Firefly, Frayed Leaf, Forest Glades and Evergreen (Altenew)
Other:  Karin Marker, White Gouache, Stitched Rectangle Scallop Edge Frame die (MFT), Wedding Mix gems (Lucy's Cards), Woodless Watercolor pencils (Altenew)

5 comments:

Nancy said...

I am in awe of this card Stef! I don't think I have ever made a card as lovely as this one! The vibrant colors just mesmerize you. I am thrilled you linked up at Seize the Birthday or I may have missed it.

Vicki Dutcher said...

So fabulous! Your color choices for these images look amazing. Well done! Thanks for joining in at STB

Ericka Strange said...

Gorgeous card and I love all the pink! These lilies are beautiful! Great job and thanks for playing along with us at The Flower Challenge!

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Oh my goodness, Stef, this is utterly divine! I love everything about it, and love all the care put in to making your daughter such a special birthday card. She's so lucky. :)

Nancy said...

Totally deserved that win at The Flower Challenge! Congrats!!!