Sunday, June 27, 2021

Ever So Much for Sunday Stamps

Hello, friends!  It's time for a new challenge at Sunday Stamps and we have a fabulous sketch to get your creative juices going!


I tried to think of different things to use for the three repeat images on the stamp, but I was short on time so I took the easy way out for me and used flowers.


The flowers were stamped then colored with Copic markers.  I normally lean towards pinks and purples for flowers and yellow greens for the leaves but I wanted to used something different.  I really like the blue and found a green combo that I think I saw on the blog of Emily Midgett (and if you haven't seen her gorgeous work, you really, really need to check her out!).  With the coloring complete, I used the coordinating die to cut out the floral spray, then employed a white gel pen to create the flower centers and highlight the stamen.


Wanting something more than just a plain white background, I opted to use an embossed panel.  I just love the floral pattern and it's subtle enough not to take away from the main image.  A mint die cut strip was adhered on the left side, then the panel was added to the card base.  The die cut sentiment was added with thin foam squares, then the floral image popped up with regular foam tape for a bit more dimension.  And that finished off my card!


I'm so glad you made time to drop by and take a look.  Be sure to use the link above to check out the other DT member's beautiful cards.  And hopefully join us for this great sketch challenge!

Stef


Stamps:  Best Friend Ever (Simon Says Stamp), Apothecary Labels (Altenew)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Mint (SSS)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Other:  Best Friends Ever coordinating die, Apothecary Label die, Finishing Touches Edgelit (ret. SU), Blossom Field 3D embossing folder (SSS), Sakura White Gelly Roll pen
Copics:  B66, 63, 61, G29, 21, 40, YG45

2 comments:

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the blue flowers and the subtle embossed background.

Heidi Baks said...

I love the soft coloring of your flowers - beautiful!!