Sunday, September 29, 2024

Gratitude for The Paper Players

Hello friends!  It's the fifth Sunday of the month and that means we have a Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge at The Paper Players this week!  The amazing Claire is hosting and created this fun TTT board to inspire you!



My initial choice was to go across the top row, but in the end, my card also fit left to right diagonal as well as the center column.


I couldn't decide which way to go but then I challenged myself to use some patterned paper.  I don't have a lot (I purged most of it years ago) but have since acquired some through card kits or very selective purchasing.  

The background is a piece of that pp that was included in a card kit about 3-4 years ago. This piece a pretty vintage style collage and even after trimming it down I was able to capture a sunflower and pumpkin for the background.  For the "table" I found a piece of brown from another paper pack and embossed it with a woodgrain folder, although you really can't tell in the pictures.  

Next, I went to my Fall dies and found the pumpkin already ink blended and assembled. The same thing happened when I was searching through my Autumn themed stamp sets.  The stamp set I pulled out had the leaves colored and die cut, and the sentiment already stamped, so I just used the coordinating die for it.  I used a rounded corner punch for the base and pp, then assembled all the elements, including the three enamel dots.  And I was really happy with how this turned out!


Claire's TTT board has many opportunities for a variety of cards.  I hope you'll find a column or row that suits your fancy and play along!  The challenge will remain open until 3pm EDT, Friday October 4th.  

Thanks for visiting and take care!

Stef

  • Simon Says Stamp Layered Pumpkin die
  • SSS/Memory Box Beautiful Moments Collaboration set (Stamptember 2022?)
  • Tim Holtz Lumber embossing folder
  • P13 Autumn and Honey Bee Stamps Harvest Festival patterned papers
  • Spellbinders Corner Rounder punch
  • Altenew Warm and Cozy Enamel Dots

3 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, this is a gorgeous vintage card. That DSP in the background is beautiful! I have enough PP for everyone on the team. I need a lesson on purging and coloring from you! LOL! The pumpkin is so realistic and you certainly made my challenge shine this week! HUGS!

ElizStewart said...

Stef... it is a sin but I covet this card. Love everything! Even love that you had so many elements "ready" for use in your stash (that often makes me happy when I am creating a card too!). The feel is so clean and the sentiment perfect! Great card!

Lisa Elton said...

This was a wonderful way to use some of that PP, Stef! Pretty card!