Sunday, September 22, 2024

Merry & Bright for The Paper Players

Happy Sunday, friends!  It's time for a new sketch challenge at The Paper Players and this week the lovely Joanne has created a fabulous one for us!


I was bound and determined to make a Christmas card with this sketch, so I started by going through my patterned papers.  I found a package of A2 sized papers that was a gift with purchase from Honey Bee Stamps a year or two ago and chose one to use as the background.


I loved the design on the paper with the packages, branches and flowers, plus the colors were not your standard fare for the holidays.  I had a trimmed down piece in the same package that served as the horizontal strip, then I found a piece of red cardstock that was similar to the background, although a bit brighter.  

After looking at a few branch dies I found this pretty design that arched like the branches in the background.  And bonus!  I had two leftovers from last year stored with the die. And because this made my card assembly so quick, I ended up making two cards. 

The branch was created using a couple colors of Tim Holtz Distress Mica spray and I apologize but I don't recall which colors.  I die cut the branch with a piece of the red cardstock, trimmed off the berries, then added them to the die cut.  I added sparkle with a shimmer pen then covered them with Glossy Accents for shine.

The sentiment was stamped in a dark teal color that matched the background beautifully, then cut with the matching die.  I cut one more, layered them up and added them to the red strip and my card was complete!


This is a great sketch and I hope you're inspired to come play along with us this week.  My talented teammates have some wonderful inspiration for you, so please head over to the challenge blog and take a peek.  The challenge will remain open until 3 pm EDT on Friday, September 20th.  

Thanks for visiting and take care!

Stef

  • Simon Says Stamp Etched Berry Branch die
  • SSS Graceful Holiday Greetings stamp and die
  • Tim Holtz Distress Mica Spray Stains
  • Nuvo Shimmer pen
  • Ranger Glossy Accents


No comments: