Sunday, September 15, 2024

Merry Moose for The Paper Players

Hello friends!  It's Sunday and time for a new challenge at The Paper Players.  This week the lovely Ann is hosting our CAS week and this time it's back to nature!

You are welcome to use any plant or animal on your card, just remember to keep it clean and simple.  For my card I used a fun moose!



Well, our silly moose found himself all tangled up in the decorations but not to worry, he's having fun!  The moose and the sentiment are both from the Merry Moose set from MFT and there are so many fun images.  I colored a number of the moose images with Copic markers but decided this guy was my favorite for this card  

In keeping this very simple, I used some older MFT pattern papers on the bottom of a panel, stamped the sentiment above, then die cut it with a deckled rectangle.  Two more layers of scrap cardstock were cut with the same rectangle die, added to the back of the main panel, then adhered to the card base. I did the same with the moose, layering up two additional die cuts.  If I'm making a CAS card, I like adding that bit of dimension for more interest.  Although you can't see it in the photos, I added Glossy Accents to the ornaments and lights in his antlers.


This is a great challenge because you can use any plant or animal, so lots of options for a CAS card.  We'd love to have you join us this week and if you drop by the challenge blog, you'll see lots of inspiration from my talented teammates!

Thanks for visiting and take care!

Stef


  • MFT Merry Moose stamps and dies
  • Waffle Flower Deckled Frames
  • MFT Cool Collab patterned paper
  • Ranger Glossy Accents
  • Copics - E59, 57, 55, 53, R39, 37, 35, BG07, 45, 53, C9, 7, 3





6 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, what a fun card! Your little moose is adorable. He certainly is tangled up in those decorations, but seems to be doing a happy dance. I love it! Have a great week, My Friend!

ElizStewart said...

Stef... adorable moose-mas! Did you read the letter from MFT yesterday? I hope everything is okay...I would miss them terribly.

Jan Clothier said...

Who doesn't love a good pun? Add in that cheerful DSP, a wacky and beautifully coloured moose and you have the perfect card.

LeAnne said...

I'd love to have this merry moose come decorate my tree come December! He's a cutie!

Ann Schach said...

Stef Perry...YOU create the cutest cards! This festive moose looks like he is doing a little jig on top of the designer paper. The deckled rectangle adds texture and interest...love it. What a fun sentiment, too! Thank you for making my challenge shine this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I do love a good pun so that sentiment definitely made me chuckle Steph! That cute moose, with his tinsel in a tangle, is just adorable and he is grounded perfectly with the dotted DSP. Fab!