Sunday, September 8, 2024

A Class Act for The Paper Players

Hello friends!  Today, over at The Paper Players, the lovely Elizabeth is hosting our monthly color challenge and has chosen bright and fun primary colors.

These colors reminded me of a cute MFT stamp set that couldn't be more perfect with these colors!


This little cutie is from an older Birdie Brown stamp set but I think she's ageless!  She is fun to color and this time her apparel reflects the challenge colors.  I used my alcohol markers and then she was die cut with the matching die.

I had a vision of making a scene card, but it didn't work out the way I liked.  I had stenciled the red brick white, so I just trimmed it down and added it to a 4" x 5.25" white panel then adhered that to the card base.  The circles were die cut and adhered to the card front, then the schoolgirl was popped up with thin foam squares, as was the sentiment.  The last touch was to use some bright red enamel dots.


We would love to see what you are inspired to make with these colors!  The challenge lasts through Friday Sept. 13th at 3pm EST.  Don't forget to pop over to the challenge blog and see what the rest of the team created.

Thanks for visiting and take care!

Stef

  • MFT Class Act stamps and die
  • MFT English Brick Wall stencil
  • Hero Arts Infinity Circle and Scallop Circle dies
  • Lumberjack Plaid Distress Ink
  • Altenew Tea Party Enamel Dots 
  • Copics - E11, 21, 00, 29, 37, 33, YR23, Y19, 15, 13, R59, 46, 27, 05
  • Olos - B0.7, 0.6, 0.5, 0.3

9 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, you KNOW I adore this card! I love the PI girls and school cards. Everything about this made me smile! Your coloring is always amazing! Have a wonderful week, My Friend!

Jan Clothier said...

WOW! Your stamp and card couldn't be better picks for a school theme. The sentiment is great too. I love it when the image and sentiment work so well with each other like this. Your colouring is next level spectacular. Great use of the colours!

ElizStewart said...

Stef... I adore Pure Innocence... and your little girl is perfect in perfect in primary colors. Thanks for all your help. I can't believe how easy this posting was...not sure why I worried. I find the older I am getting the more I worry about the little things. Thanks again.

LeAnne said...

Absolutely adorable! This little girl ALMOST makes me want to go back to school! Your coloring is always spot one! So fun!

Lisa Elton said...

Perfectly colored and perfect for this week's challenge! CUTE card, Stef!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This little cutie all ready for school is a class act indeed Stef! I love the panel of red brick too, so perfectly coordinated. It feels like you've made these colours go a long way on this card - just fabulous!

Ann Schach said...

Can a card get any cuter? What a perfect back to school card, Stef! Your use of the primary colors is masterful. This will definitely brighten up someone's day. Have a great week!

Jolanda Johnstone said...

What a sweetie! All geared up for the new school year. A very appealing card, Stef! Impeccable coloring. Cheers, Jolanda

Jaydee said...

Stef, another gorgeously colored image and your little sweetie is adorable. I just love the brick behind her and that bright yellow scalloped layer is like a ray of sunshine.
fabulous
hugs
jaydee