Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Graceful Flowers for The Flower Challenge

Hello friends!  Wow, here we are in September already - the year is truly flying by now, right?  

The Flower Challenge is back and this month we have something easy - include a stamped flower.

I used a large floral image so rather than cut it down, I decided to make a slimline card.


This was a super easy card to pull together.  After stamping my floral image, it was colored with Copic markers and die cut with the matching die.  The sentiment is from the same stamp wet and also cut with it's coordinating die. 

At this point I had to make a decision on the background.  Embossing?  Cover plate?  Well, as you can see, I went with the cover plate, but from aqua cardstock and then adhered directly to the card base, for a card size of 3.5" x 8.5".  The flowers were adhered to two additional die cuts for dimension and added to the card front along with the sentiment.  A few clear sparking gems completed my card.


What are you inspired to make for this challenge?  Although this time I used a newer stamp set, I think for my mid-month card I'll be pulling out an older set I haven't used for a while - this challenge was a good reminder for me to do that.  I hope you join us this month, the challenge remains open until Wednesday, September 25th.

Thanks for visiting and take care!

Stef

  • Simon Says Stamp Graceful Flowers Stamps and Dies
  • SSS Filigree Slim Plate die
  • Altenew Crystal Clear Gem Sparkles
  • Copics - V09, 17, 15, 01, RV09, 17, 06, 04, 02. B69, 66, 63, YR23, Y15, 11, BG 09, 15, 11

6 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS card Stef! Your Copic coloring always blows me away, and you've shaded these flowers so perfectly! And I absolutely LOVE the turquoise background that you used the coverplate on! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Tracey McNeely said...

Stef this is such a gorgeous card, your colouring is so wonderful!

lichazul said...

Beautiful and delicate card, congrats 😊💐 have a great day

Lisa Elton said...

So vibrant and pretty, Stef! Great slimline card!

Bobby said...

The bold coloring, beautifully done, really draws the eye into your bouquet, Stef.

Nancy said...

I chuckled at your line..." This was a super easy card to pull together", for you maybe. LOL Just coloring this would take me an entire day and we all know it wouldn't look this good. A fabulous work of art! HUGS!