Sunday, March 3, 2024

May It Be Happy

Hello friends!  Today I'm sharing a card that I made for the current color challenge at Color Throwdown.  The colors were too pretty to pass up and I actually had time this weekend to just play.

I'm also joining in over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where this week's theme is Anything Goes.

I combined some new products with an older cover die to create my card.


I recently obtained the HoneyBee Stamps Lovely Layers: Rose die set and it seemed to fit the bill perfectly for the challenge colors.  All the components were die cut from white cardstock then ink blended.  The pinks were as close as I could get to rose and the green inks are definitely in muted, sage-like colors.  I also ink blended a white panel in pink.


The background element was die cut from Stampin' Up Merry Merlot cardstock using a retired cover die from Simon Says Stamp.  After adhering it to the pink inked panel, it was added to the card front.  With such a busy background I needed a place for the rose to be grounded, so a scallop circle was die cut from white, layered on the card, then the rose was attached.  It's a different kind of die from what I'm used to in that the bloom, bud and the leaves are all separate components, but they line up perfectly of course.  After layering on the sentiment, I added a few pink gem stickers for some sparkle.


Thanks for visiting and I hope you'll have a chance to swing by tomorrow when I post my card for the March challenge at The Flower Challenge!

Take care!

Stef


  • HoneyBee Stamps Lovely Layers: Roses and Be Still stamp and die
  • SSS Marilyn Full Card Cover die
  • Hero Arts Scallop Circle Infinity die
  • Altenew Silver Sage, Jade and Eucalyptus inks; Concord & 9th Carnation and Sweet Pea inks; SSS Carbernet ink
  • HoneyBee Stamps Vintage Love Gem Stickers

3 comments:

cathy & the fuzzybuns said...

Have this Honey Bee Stamp Rose die and haven't used it yet. Your inking inspires me!!

Lisa Elton said...

Fabulous use of the colors, Stef! This is a beautiful card!

Wanda Cullen said...

Such a gorgeous card with amazing color blending on your rose! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CTD!