Saturday, March 16, 2024

Best Wishes for Color Hues

Hello friends!  It's time for a new challenge at Color Hues and this time the lovely Carol has chosen a beautiful color combination.

This combo made me think of cream colored flowers so I decided to use the pretty HoneyBee Stamps Lovely Layers: Magnolia for my card.


The flower petals were die cut from ivory cardstock, then I lightly inked the center of each layer and the ends of some of the petals before adhering together.  Originally I ink blended a brown center but I didn't like how it looked so I switched to matte gold.  I mean, can you ever go wrong with metallics lol?!!


Next the large vintage frame was die cut from cornflower blue cardstock and I found the foiled sentiment that had been created in a previous foiling session, which led me to creating this layout.  I had everything layered on the ivory card base but the card needed a little something more, so a panel of ivory was embossed with a beautiful and intricate folder from Paper Rose, then the frame, flowers and sentiment were adhered.  The final step was to add a few gold pearls.


So, what does this color combination bring to mind for you?  For more inspiration, my amazingly talented teammates and our guest designer Steph have some stunning card designs waiting for you over at the challenge blog!  I hope you decide to join us; the challenge will remain open until 9 am EST Friday 3/29.

Take care!

Stef
  • HoneyBee Stamps Lovely Layers: Magnolia and Layering Vintage Labels die
  • HoneyBee Stamps Foil Script: Wishes Hot Foil Plate and die
  • Hero Arts Ivory, Simon Says Stamp Cornflower and Matte Gold cardstock
  • Paper Rose Sweet Vines embossing folder
  • Spellbinders Matte Gold Glimmer Hot Foil
  • SSS Morning ink
  • HoneyBee Stamps Metallic Mix Pearl Stickers



8 comments:

cm said...

Swooning over your beautiful magnolias, Stef! The touch of blue on the ivory petals adds lovely shading; the cornflower framing is ever so pretty! Thank you for making this colour combination shine!
hugs~carol

Karen said...

That magnolia die is just stunning, and your ink blending is soft and so lovely! The metallic gold centers are perfect---I don't think you can every go wrong there. The whole design just came together beautifully!

Marcia Hill said...

Your Magnolia's are absolutely beautiful Stef, and I love how you did your background with the embossing and the vintage die cut frame. Lovely, lovely card as always my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

I like your soft blue magnolias with their fancy gold centers! Pretty card, Stef!

Julie B said...

The little bit of soft blue on the magnolias bring the blooms to life Stef. My Magnolia Stellata is just about to burst into life, a welcome pop of cheerful colour, even if that is white! :)

Nancy said...

Love your Magnolias, Stef! You always make florals come to life. Great card!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love your cream magnolias with a touch of blue.

JulieP said...

I do love the gold!!! and those florals are amazing.