Friday, March 15, 2024

Blooming Delight for The Flower Challenge

Hello friends!  It's mid-month and that brings about our reminder post at The Flower Challenge.  


This time I decided to go big with a 5.5"x 5.5" square in order to accommodate the big blooms I used.


I'm always drawn to Altenew's Build-A-Garden stamps and the Blooming Delight was no exception, so it found its way into my craft room!  I stenciled the image with inks from the Fresh Dye selection - I really love how the purple-blue and dusty rose colors look together.  The image was then die cut with the coordinating die.


As I looked through my cover dies, I found this trellis and despite it being A2 sized I thought it would be a great anchor for these blooms.  It was die cut from kraft cardstock then sprayed with Crooked Broom Distress Mica spray.  While that dried, I embossed a panel of ivory cardstock with Altenew's Masonry Wall 3D folder, then used my brayer to apply a brown ink just to the raised portion.  I'm afraid the photos don't catch for embossed detail well.  The die cut trellis was attached to the embossed panel, then the florals were added with foam tape.  The sentiment is from a Spellbinders Betterpress set.  Lastly, I added a few gems that seemed to go perfectly with the brown colors.


You still have until the 25th at 5pm GMT to play along and in the meantime, be sure to visit the challenge blog as my amazingly talented teammates have oodles of inspiration to share with you!

Take care!

Stef

  • Altenew Blooming Delight BAG stamp, die and stencil set
  • Altenew Garden Trellis Cover Die and Masonry Wall 3D ef
  • Spellbinders Fancy Sentiment Strips Betterpress plate and die
  • Neenah Desert Storm and Hero Art Ivory cardstocks
  • Altenew inks - Sunray, Chamomile, Pumpkin Pie, Yellow Ochre, Jade, Eucalyptus, Frayed Leaf, Forest Glades, Pink Sand, Dusty Rose, Toasted Mauve, Water Hyacinth, Alpine Aster, Crystal Violet, Rocky Shores and Obsidian Pigment ink
  • Crooked Broomstick Distress Mica Spray
  • HoneyBee Vintage Love Gem Stickers


5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty card, Stef! Love the lattice behind those marvelous blooms!

Marcia Hill said...

I'm imagining the embossed brick wall and sparkling trellis behind those magnificent blooms Stef, and this card must be even more lovely IRL than it is in your photos! This one's a stunner my friend...lovely, lovely card!! Hugs. :0)

Vicky Hayes said...

What a beauty Stef! Love the way the rectangular trellis tricks the eye into changing up the proportions of the square. The flowers are just gorgeous and your subtle colours fabulous. I could look at your cards all day long!! Vicky x

Cindy Beach said...

A Huge WOW! coming your way, Stef! My jaw dropped as I saw this beauty! I love the details you added - the embossed background, mica spray and the gorgeous colors! The trellis in A2 size is the perfect place to show off your elements. You are so amazing!

Bobby said...

I'm with you on those Altenew flowers, Stef. You've arranged them beautifully and I love the brayered wall behind the shimmery trellis.