Thursday, March 7, 2024

Showers of Love

Hello friends!  Just popping in with a quick post with a card I made for Claire's Rainy Days theme over at The Paper Players.  I also decided to use the Color Hues colors of turquoise and green for our current challenge.


I'm also joining the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme is to add a sentiment.

When I saw Claire's theme, I knew I had to pull out one of my older but well-loved Birdie Brown stamp and die sets from MFT.


I started by stamping the sweet little girl and the splash drops.  They were colored with Copic markers then die cut.  I also die cut the clouds and the puddle, then used my Copics to color them as well.  

For the background, I cut a panel of white cardstock with MFT's Stitched Modern Rectangle Stax die, then white heat embossed the sentiment before inking up the background with Altenew's Aqualicious ink.  I splattered the background with water droplets, but they didn't show up as well as I wanted, so I splattered some white paint on there as well.  Once the panel was dry, the clouds, puddle and drops were adhered directly to the panel, then foam tape was used to give our cute little girl some dimension.  


Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate it.  I hope all is well in your neck of the woods!  Take care!

Stef


  • MFT BB Rain or Shine Stamps and Dies
  • MFT Stitched Modern Rectangle Stax die
  • Versamark and Altenew Aqualicious Fresh Dye inks
  • Dr. Ph Martin's Bleed Proof White
  • Copics - E29, 37, 33, 11, 21, 00, BG09, 45, 01, 11, 10, YG09, 07, 05, 01 R20, C5, 3, 1, 0, 00

8 comments:

Cindy Beach said...

Aww, this could not be more adorable, Stef! I love how you colored her and she looks so cheery on her rainy day!

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, this is just adorable! I love the background you created for your raining day and that little PI girl is precious! This color combo is so beautiful! So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

She is one stylin' little girl! Love her raincoat and the background you created as well! So much detail equals lots of cuteness! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week!

Lisa Elton said...

I like her sweet smile, she's adorable! Cute card, Stef!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Such a fabulous card Stef! Your stylish little girl is so sweet but what impresses me most is that you created a whole scene with just two colours! I love the dotty raincoat the most :-) Thanks for playing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Jolanda Johnstone said...

That is one cute little image. So sweet. Great card for the theme and nicely put together. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Paper Players this week. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

Tracey McNeely said...

Stef I should have know something this cute and detailed would be yours, so fun!

Nancy said...

If I was a little girl like this I would love to have a polka-dotted turquoise raincoat and matching boots. Adorable card, Stef!