Monday, March 4, 2024

Wildflowers for The Flower Challenge

Hello friends!  We have a new challenge for you over at The Flower Challenge and this month we're asking everyone to make a square card for your lovely florals!

I rarely make square cards but I found I really enjoyed creating this one because of all the real estate this size offers, providing lots of room for both my flowers and large sentiment.  In the US and Canada (I believe) extra postage is required if you mail in a square envelope, but an option is to make a 5" x 5" card like I have, which can be sent it in an A7 envelope for no additional postage.


I was looking through all my floral die cuts and spied a set that hadn't seen the light of day in a long time, so I figured it was time to put it to use!  These dies are large, beautiful wildflowers and it seemed a more vintage style design would work well.  With that in mind, I looked through my stash of patterned paper and found this beauty with gold wildflowers printed on a faint text.


The flowers were die cut from ivory cardstock, then lightly ink blended with Altenew Blush and Rouge inks. I also lightly ink blended both colors around the edge of the patterned paper square before adhering to the ivory card base.  I fiddled around with the floral arrangement and different sentiments, then settled on this design so I could use that lovely, flourished die cut sentiment in matte gold.  After the wildflowers were tied together with the gold twine, they were adhered on the lower stems with glue, then I used pieces of foam tape to elevate the flowers for a little dimension.  No gems needed for this card with all the beautiful metallic gold!


Thank you so much for stopping by and I encourage you to pop over to the challenge blog because, as always, my wonderful teammates have some incredibly beautiful inspiration for you!  I hope you'll find time to join us - the challenge will remain open until 5 pm GMT on March 25th.

Take care!

Stef


  • Tim Holtz Wildflowers dies
  • Altenew Fancy For You die
  • Pink and Main Layered Square dies
  • Altenew Blush and Rouge Fresh Die Inks
  • Hero Arts Ivory and SSS Matte Gold cardstocks, American Crafts Jen Hadfield Heart of Home paper pad
  • Retired SU gold twine

5 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

What a STUNNING card Stef! Your dsp is soooooo pretty and the popped up wild flowers look amazing on it! Loving the large die cut sentiment too! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Vicky Hayes said...

This is so pretty Stef. I love the romantic days-gone-by nostalgic vibe and the touches of gold really bring the faded elegance to life. Vicky x

Lisa Elton said...

Your pretty background paper and those wonderful wildflowers were meant to be on the same card! Such a beauty, Stef!

I Card Everyone said...

Stef, that square size and postage tip is fantastic! LOve your gorgeous wildflowers in these peaches and that patterned paper was just waiting to be chosen saying 'pick me, pick' - it's so lovely!
=]

Bobby said...

This is terrific, Stef. I have those wildflower dies and am always looking for ways to use them. The color you used works beautifully with the fabulous patterned paper and I love that you inked the same color around the edges. It really draws your eye in.