Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Hello for Color Throwdown

Hello friends!  Recently I was chosen as the Featured Stamper for Color Throwdown #769 with my fun little Caroling Owls card here, and now I am so pleased to be joining the CDT team as Guest Star Stamper for their latest challenge.

I love these muted colors and tried to match them as best as possible using my Copics and a blended background.


For the flowers I used one of the two floral images from Altenew's In the Woodland.  After coloring with my Copic markers, I used a white gel pen to accentuate the anthers at the end of the stamen, then die cut the image with the matching die.


Next came the ink blended panel, using Simon Says Stamp Morining ink on the smooth side of a panel of Distress Watercolor paper, which was then die cut with one of the Mix and Match Frames, also from Altenew.  Before adhering to the white card base, the flowers and panel were separately splattered with White Gouache and gold metallic paint.  I used foam tape under both the panel, the floral image and the foiled sentiment and I was done!  


Thanks for dropping by to take a peek!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Altenew Into the Woodland
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Distress Watercolor
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne, SSS Morning
Foiling:  SSS Elegantly Modern Greetings Hot Foil Plate, Spellbinders Gold Glimmer Hot Foil
Dies:  Altenew Mix and Match Frames and Into the Woodland, SSS Elegantly Modern Greetings
Copic markers:  E97, YR18, 02, 01, 00, 000, YG99, 97, 95, 93, C9, 7, 6

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Stef, This is so incredibly beautiful. I couldn't sleep so I got up to surf the web and now you have just inspired me to want to make a card instead. I am sooooo impressed with your coloring and card making skills!

Lisa Elton said...

Congratulations on guesting Stef! Your card is incredible. Beautifully colored!

Celeste Goff said...

This is just beautiful! Congratulations on the guest spot!