Thursday, November 16, 2023

Bountiful Berries for Color Hues

Hello again!  It's time for a new challenge at Color Hues and this time the lovely Jules has chosen two colors that are perfect for the holidays...or not, it's up to you!


My choice was to go with Christmas and here's what I made...


My relatively CAS card started with embossing a panel of white with the Simon Says Stamp Twining Berries 3D folder.  Sorry the photos don't due justice to just how deep and pretty the images of berries on vines are.  Next, I used a rectangle die for the gold layer, die cutting out the center before layering on the embossed panel, because no one will ever know, except you lol!


The gold leaves and red berries were created using the Bountiful Berries die.  The SSS Arching Spruce Sprig die provided the brown twigs - I just cut all the branches off the large sprig so I could use them more selectively.  The sentiment was red heat embossed, die cut and added to the card front, with the final touch adding some beautiful red gems from Picket Fence Studios.  I actually ended up making five more cards just like this, substituting a red card base rather than the fancy gold frame.


This is such a lovely combination of colors, I do hope you're inspired to join us for this challenge!  For more inspiration, take a look at the stunning cards by my talented teammates and our wonderful guest designer Claire over at the CH blog.  We'd love to see what you create!  The challenge will remain open until 9 am EST Tuesday 11/28.

Take care and have a crafty day!

Stef


Stamps and Dies:  SSS Graceful Holiday Greetings Bundle, Bountiful Berries die and Arching Spruce Sprig die; Pinkfresh Studio Folk Edge Rectangle die
Embossing Folder:  SSS Twining Berries
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, SSS Matte Gold and Rich Red Metallic, C&9 Nutmeg
Other:  Gina K Red Hot embossing powder, Picket Fence Studios Candy Lane Gem Mix

12 comments:

cm said...

Stef, your stylized holly and berries arrangement is eye-catching and incredibly pretty! CAS-loving heart fully captured with this stylish card you've designed!
hugs~carol

Tracey McNeely said...

Stef this is a fabulous card. I am so impressed with all of your details and I can see but imagine how amazing the embossing looks IRL. Photography is our ememy always.Lovely berry cluster and the gold edging on the card--sop beautiful!

Nancy said...

I totally agree with what Carol said. I too love how you designed the layout of this card. Everything blends so well together. The gold frames is such a perfect touch! Great, great card!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, what a beauty this is, Stef! Love the pretty focal arrangement and your fancy gold frame!

Julie B said...

Those berries look as though you could pick them Stef. I've noticed that the holly bushes around here are full this year, not for much longer if the Redwings descend! Super festive make. :)

Marcia Hill said...

CAS perfection Stef and oh so BEAUTIFUL!! You have made this color combo SHINE quite literally and I'm loving every little detail you added! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Karen said...

Your beautifully arranged leaves and berries are definitely enhanced by the lovely gold frame! A beautiful CAS card, indeed!

Cindy Beach said...

I kept looking at your supply list thinking that you used a coloring medium for those berries. I love how you used metallic papers for them, it makes them look almost real. Your festive card is gorgeous!

Claire said...

Those berries looks good enough to eat, Stef - I feel like I could pick them straight off the card. I love those red gems...they finish it off perfectly - it looks CAS but there's so many lovely little details!

!neke said...

Wow , a beauty !
groeten Ineke

JulieP said...

Stef this is sooo pretty!!! I really love the elegance of the gold frame and all of the shine. Excellent photography!

Greta said...

Absolutely stunning card! I always cut out the center of metallic cardstock mats, too! The white embossed background was the perfect choice to show off those beautiful leaves & berries!