Friday, December 1, 2023

Pink Shimmering Season for Color Hues

Hello friends!  I'm back with a card for the final challenge of 2023 at Color Hues.  The lovely Nancy has chosen a gorgeous non-traditional color combination sure to work for any of your last-minute holiday cards!

For my card I used the beautiful Gina K/Simon Says Stamp Stamptember 2023 stamp set Shimmering Seasons.


I started by silver heat embossing all the images on a panel of pink cardstock, then used a darker pink ink to blend around the edges.  I really fussed and debated about the sentiment.  I had one idea in mind, but it didn't look right and then I realized some the of embossing didn't come out well. Rather than toss the panel, I came up with a new plan.


I opted to use a large sentiment die cut from matte silver cardstock but the background was too busy without something behind it plus I wanted to hide the areas where the embossing didn't take properly.  A band of vellum took care of that and was the perfect home for that beautiful sentiment and I really like how the card turned out.  I hope to create some other cards using this stamp set before I'm done making Christmas cards, the images are so pretty.


What are you inspired to create with these colors?  Please take a moment to check out the cards by my wonderfully talented teammates and hopefully you'll be inspired to join us!  The challenge will last all month, so you have plenty of time to play along.  The challenge will close at 9 am EST Thursday December 28th.

I wish you all the best during the holidays!  I'll have a new post on the 4th, so I hope you'll swing by and take a look.

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Gina K/SSS Stampember 2023 Shimmering Season
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Concord & 9th Carnation, Lawn Fawn Pearlescent Vellum, SSS Matte Silver
Ink:  Versamark, C&9 Sweet Pea
Dies:  Poppy Stamps Poe Script Merry Christmas
Other: SSS Fine Detail Silver embossing powder

8 comments:

Cindy Beach said...

I love everything about this gorgeous design, Stef! I'd never know you struggled at all with your process but sometimes that leads us to even better results. I LOVE the vellum strip and the large sentiment. I'm swooning over the bold pink and all that silver!

Greta said...

One of my favorite color combos & you've inspired me to try silver embossing on pink cardstock! I love how you did the sentiment (I have that die) for your gorgeous, elegant card!

Nancy said...

This could not have turned out any better, Stef. Love the bright pink background so much! Your embossing looks flawless too! Thanks for making my color combo look so good and I hope you have a wonderful December and a Merry Christmas.

Marcia Hill said...

Another WOW card Stef!! I have this Gina K stamp too and also struggled to get a good embossed image with it (maybe because it is so large??), but you sure saved it beautifully with the vellum and die cut sentiment! I love the shading of the pink you achieved too with the blending...this whole card just really SHINES!! Hugs. :0)

Julie B said...

A great rescue, no one would be any the wiser if you hadn't mentioned it. Fab use of the new colour combo! :)

Lisa Elton said...

I like the bright pink with the silver! I always go with a pale shade of pink, but this is striking and extra pretty, Stef!

Karen said...

Sorry it's taken me so long to make the rounds! I love the hues of pink you used, and the vellum worked beautifully with that wonderful die cut sentiment! Happy Holidays!

JulieP said...

This is just stunning Stef!!! Great save although we never would have known that this design wasn't intentional. I love the deep shade of pink too.