Saturday, November 4, 2023

Bouquet Birthday for The Flower Challenge

Hello friends!  I'm back with my DT card for the latest at The Flower Challenge!  This month we're using the colors black, yellow and white for our floral themed cards.

For my card, I decided to break out my Spellbinders Betterpress and use press plates for both my floral image and sentiment.


The images were pressed on a Spellbinders Porcelain Cotton card panel with the recommended black ink.  It's always such a treat to see how perfectly these images come out.  Because alcohol markers cannot be used with the Betterpress inks, I opted to watercolor the panel.


I decided the easiest route was a loose watercolor using Distress reinkers.  I wet down the panel with water then dropped in very diluted Squeezed Lemonade with my larger paintbrush, covering most of the panel. Next came diluted Fossilized Amber for the flowers, then Wild Honey for the stamen in the largest flower.  When it dried, I trimmed it down to 3.5" x 4.75", layered it on a slightly larger panel of black, then added to the white base with foam. A few black rhinestones finished things off.


We would love to see how you decide to use these colors - I hope you'll join us this month!  In the meantime, if you visit the challenge blog, you'll see that my very talented teammates have a wide variety of cards to inspire you!  The challenge will remain open through Saturday, 11/25.

Take care!

Stef


*Spellbinders Pressed Bouquet and A Little Message Sentiments Betterpress Plates

*Spellbinders Betterpress Black ink; Squeezed Lemonade, Fossiled Amber and Wild Honey Distress Reinkers

*Spellbinders Porcelain Cotton Card Panel, SU Black cardstock, Neenah Solar White cardstock

*Honey Bee Obsidian Rhinestones

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

You watercolored this lovely image perfectly, Stef! Wonderful card!

Cindy Beach said...

Your loose watercoloring is lovely, Stef! A beautiful card, so gorgeous with the Letterpress texture. It's always inspiring to see your creations!

Bobby said...

What a beautiful watercolored bouquet, Stef!!