Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Cosmos for The Flower Challenge

Hello friends!  I'm back with my mid-month reminder card for The Flower Challenge.  This month, we're using the colors black, yellow and white.

I ended up using a long-neglected background stamp for my card this time.


For my second card in this color combination (you can find my first one here) I color the background and flower centers yellow and left the flowers white using gray Copic markers to add gentle shading to the flower interior and edges.  Since the stamp is a 6" x 6" background stamp, I die cut the desired section first, then colored it.


The black layering panel was die cut with the next larger die in the set, then after adhering to the colored panel, I decided to wrap it with some black Baker's Twine and add my sentiment using a small tag.  Once that was done, the final step was to pop it up on the white card base with some foam tape.  Super easy and simple.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll take a moment to visit the challenge blog - as always, my wonderful teammates have created some gorgeous cards for our reminder post!  And I do hope you're inspired to join us this month!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Simon Says Stamp Cosmos Background, Waffle Flower Special Delivery Sentiments
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, SU Black
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Dies:  Altenew Ornate Nesting, Waffle Flower Special Delivery
Other:  Retired SU Black Baker's Twine
Copics:  W3, 1, YR27, 24, Y19, 15, 13

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like the way your flowers fill the pretty die cut! Wonderful card, Stef!

Marcia Hill said...

This card is just absolutely BEAUTIFUL Stef! That background stamp looks like it was made specifically for this color combination and I'm totally loving it! The black framing is just perfect for it too! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Cindy Beach said...

The details on these flowers are amazing and I love the bright yellow!

Bobby said...

The line drawing of the image makes it a great choice for white flowers, Stef, and the bright yellow background makes them stand out. I love it!