Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Grateful for You

Hello friends!  Today I'm sharing a card created for the challenge over at The Paper Players.  This week Anne Marie is hosting the theme challenge and chose a perfect one for this time of year, which is to give thanks.

I went with a very fall-ish color palette because the colors this time of year (and the cooler weather) make my heart happy!  


I decided to color on kraft cardstock, which produces a more muted result.  The leaves were stamped in a random fashion on the panel, leaving room for the sentiment, then colored with Copic markers.  All the stamping was done with Gina K Chocolate Truffle Amalgam ink, which is Copic friendly.

 
With the coloring complete, next came the ink blending, which was done around the edges of the panel, leaving a center "glow".  I didn't want to trim down the panel, so I adhered it to a card base measuring 5.75" x 4.5" and called it good.  When I go to mail it, an A6 size envelope will work perfectly.


With so much going on in the world right now, for me (as I'm sure for many) it helps to remember all that I have to be grateful for, including you, my crafty friends!  Thank you for taking time to stop by and please take care!

Hugs,

Stef


Stamps:  Sunny Studios Elegant Leaves
Paper:  Neenah Desert Storm and Natural White
Ink:  Gina K Chocolate Truffe, Simon Says Stamp Cappuccino 
Copics:  R59, 46, 08, YR07, 68, 65, Y28, 26, 15, YG 17, 03, 01, BG75, 49, 15

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I love the colors you used and those pretty leaves! This is a wonderful card, Stef!

Tarabeth Stamps said...

Lovely card! I love all the different colors you used! Thanks for playing over at The Paper Players Challenge.

Ann Schach said...

Oh, Stef! The colors on this card are gorgeous. As always, your coloring is stunning. The blending around the edges is perfect. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

I love how these leaves look on Crumb Cake! Your coloring just glows! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week!