Thursday, May 4, 2023

Hello Friend for The Flower Challenge

Hello friends!  I hope the first part of May brings flowers your way and it's also bringing us a new challenge at The Flower Challenge!  This month we are using our pretty pastels.


There are several flowers that bloom in pastel colors this time of year and one of my favorites is from the dogwood tree.  When I saw that Honey Bee Stamps came out with their beautiful Lovely Layers: Dogwood dies and coordinating products, well let's just say I was totally smitten!


I started by die cutting all the dogwood branch components from white cardstock, then used my Copic markers to color them.  Next I followed the layering guide and put together all the pieces/parts.  It really didn't take an enormous amount of time and the branches are so, so pretty!  I put those aside and then worked on the card base.


Next, Seafoam and Surf inks were blended on a portion of a panel of white cardstock, then embossed with the coordinating Dogwood Blooms 3D embossing folder.  I trimmed it down and added to the card base.  Next I die cut the Spring Vine Layering Frame dies twice, took apart the various pieces and just used the frame and the interior.  Those were all added to the card before adding the dogwood branches.  The sentiment was stamped in Versafine Clair Morning Mist, a nice soft gray, die cut and added to the center.  The last step was to scatter about a few Ocean Wave Crystals from Studio Katia and the card was complete.


So what florals in your stash are calling out to be used for this challenge?  I know you have some lol!  In the meantime, for some amazing inspiration, be sure to drop by the challenge blog and see what my fabulously talented teammates have created.

Take care!

Stef


Copics:  RV23, 21, 10, E47, 44, YG17, G43, 40

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Love the soft blue behind your pretty dogwood branches! Wonderful card, Stef!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is just wonderful, Stef. I love pink Dogwood and the way you have placed these wonderful colored die cuts on and around the frames. That embossing folder inked in blue is a most lovely stage for this wonderful creation!

Bobby said...

Isn't that Dogwood die just the best? I love it with the matching embossing folder. What a wonderful card, Stef.