Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Vintage Birthday for Color Hues

Welcome back, friends!  It's time for a new Color Hues challenge and the lovely Julie Beech has chosen the combo of orange and slate gray.


When I saw this color combo I knew exactly what I wanted to use for my card.  Let me take us back a few decades....


...back to those ancient times before computers lol!  I've had this MFT Typewriter die and sentiment set for a while and was more than ready to play with it.  All the parts/components were die cut, some  multiple times, with orange, slate gray, white, black and silver card stock. Of course that meant I had enough for two typewriters and two cards.  The dies include one for the sheet of paper to be inserted in the typewriter, so I stamped in black ink the two different sentiments on white cardstock, then die cut them out.


For the remainder of the card, I wanted kind of a graphic background.  First I stamped the Sketchy Lines Background stamp in gray ink, then die cut that panel and the orange panel with dies from Altenew's Mix and Match Frames die set.  Both layers were adhered to the white card base, the sheet of "typed" paper inserted in the typewriter and adhered on the back, then I used foam tape under the top part of the typewriter and glue for the lower part to add them to the card fronts and I was done.


Thanks for stopping by! And if you're looking for more inspiration with these colors, head on over to the challenge blog, where the endlessly talented design team will not disappoint.  I hope to see your card in the gallery - you have until 9 am May 28th to play along. 

Take care!

Stef


Products used today:

Stamps - MFT Typewriter Sentiments:  Friendship, Simon Says Stamp Sketchy Lines Background
Paper - Neenah Solar White, SSS Slate Gray, Black and Matte Silver, SU Pumpkin Pie, Concord & 9th Clementine
Ink - Altenew Obsidian pigment ink, SSS Charcoal
Dies - MFT Typewriter, Altenew Mix and Match Frames

9 comments:

Julie B said...

Love this die set, so retro but funky all the same and who doesn't want a twofer! :)

Lisa Elton said...

CUTE and CUTE! Great use of the colors, Stef, these are fun!

Marcia Hill said...

A twofer is always a good thing (I did it too!), and especially when they look like your cards Stef! It sure brings back memories of typing class, of which I failed miserably (couldn't stop looking at my fingers!)! But anyway, I love these two cards in the colors and I especially love the sentiment on the 2nd card...too funny! Great job Stef!! Hugs. :0)

Nancy said...

As soon as I saw your cards, I squealed with delight. Awesome idea with this color pairing. I adore both of them!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

These typewriters are so cool Steph and this colour palette only adds to the retro vibe. What a fabulous pair!

JulieP said...

I would have LOVED an orange typewriter! Those were the days, huh? Lots of mistakes, carbon paper, white out and/or erasable paper. LOL!!! (I've explained to my daughter how easy she has it. LOL!) Awesome two-fer!

Tracey McNeely said...

Stef these cards are so fabulous. I love the typewriters and the messages are the bomb! Great use the the colours!!

cm said...

I LOVE LOVE and LOVE these cards! I want those typewriters! Awesome inspiration!
~carol

Cindy Beach said...

I LOVE your card duo, Stef, what a fab take on our colors! The plaid paper and dotted borders are stunning. The messages are the best! Retro is in style and so fun!