Monday, May 15, 2023

Pastel Peonies for The Flower Challenge

Hello friends!  It's mid-May and time for my reminder post for The Flower Challenge, where this month we are enjoying Pretty Pastels!


At the beginning of the month I shared my dogwood card here in pastel pinks and blues and for this card I decided to use peach and mint.  I have really enjoyed using peach this year as nice change up from pink.


Last month, Altenew celebrated it's 9th birthday and their special stamp set for that occasion was Billowing Peonies, and I totally fell in love with the beautiful images.  They are huge - the peonies used on my 5"x 7" card today are from the smaller stamp! (I hope to use the larger peonies on a card sometime in the near future).  I loved coloring these beautiful flowers in pastels using my Copic markers, and then the image was die cut with the coordinating die.  Two additional layers were die cut from white then adhered to the back for some dimension.


Moving on to the card base, I layered the Top and Base Plaid A7 Cover plate dies from Honey Bee Stamps on a 5"x 7" panel of Simon Says Stamp Mint cardstock, then adhered that to a white card base.  The sentiment from Altenew's Everyday Sentiments Hot Foil Plate set was foiled using Spellbinders Matte Gold Hot Foil and die cut with a circle die.  The flowers and sentiment were then adhered and I added a few Altenew Antique Gold sequins for the final touch.


I'm so please you took time to stop by!  Now I hope you'll take a couple more minutes to pop over to the challenge blog where the design team has some incredibly beautiful inspiration for you - and hopefully you'll have time to join us, the challenge remains open until May 25th.

Take care!

Stef


Copics:  R32, 11, E00, G16, 02, 00, Y15, 13, 11



7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is beautiful, Stef! The peach looks wonderful with the minty green. I also like the minty green peeking out from the cover plate!

TaeEun said...

Peach or coral pink is one of my favorite colors! Your peonies look gorgeous, Stef!

Bobby said...

Stunning, Stef. Your coloring of those peonies is amazing and what a wonderful background you created with that fabulous die.

Aileen said...

Wow Stef, this is a stunning, love that soft apricot colour and the design of the background xx Aileen

I Card Everyone said...

Stef this is such a gorgeous set and you've colored it so beautifully - as always!
Reminds me of their Statement Flower - which I haven't colored in ages! Thanks for the pretty reminder! xx
=]

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colors and your lovely blooms are colored so pretty. They look great on the die cut background.

HilaryJane said...

I love your soft colours and that fabulous background. Just gorgeous xx