Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Love Ya!

Hello friends!  Today I have a quick post sharing a Valentine card that I made for my oldest grandson. I'm joining the challenges at Double D, where the theme is hearts, along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge's Love is in the Air theme and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, where the theme is fun with dies.


My card has all sorts of hearts on it!


This was a quick and easy card to make.  Starting with a panel of Neenah Desert Storm, I stamped the Simon Says Stamp Lace Heart Kaleidoscope Background stamp using Versamark ink, then white heat embossed it and die cut it with the largest Hero Arts Nested Infinity rectangle die.  I then blended Ink on 3 Shark Tooth White around the edges of the panel to give it a softening effect and then used an R46 Copic marker to color in the little hearts.


Next came all the die cutting!  I used the SSS Nested Round Hearts dies, cutting from white and their gorgeous new Rich Red Matte Metallic cardstock.  I also die cut the largest heart from a vellum panel covered on the back with double sided adhesive so I could adhere it to the card front without any glue showing.  Next the two white hearts were adhered to the vellum heart, then the smaller red hearts adhered randomly.  Finally, the sentiment, also die cut from the red metallic paper and two layers of white, was added to the middle of the hearts and I was done!


Thanks for stopping by!  Take care!

Stef

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

That background is quite mesmerizing! I like all of the hearts you added. The pops of red are so pretty Wonderful card, Stef!

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful background. Love the die cut hearts and that perfect sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Hearts Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

Diane said...

It is a gorgeous card and I love how you did your background, it's beautiful too!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Triple B} NEW March 3rd
{Stencil Fun}