Saturday, February 4, 2023

Chrysanthemum Birthday for The Flower Challenge

Hello friends!  It's time for the first challenge of the year at The Flower Challenge.  Did you get some new crafty goodness over the holidays?  If so, now is the time to use your latest stamps or dies - just remember they must be florals.



My card uses a stamp and die set that has been available for quite a while, but it is one of my latest acquisitions.


Having long adored the Pinkfresh Studio Chrysanthemum Slimline illustrated by Emily Midgett, I was thrilled to add it to my "collection".  Using a Misti, I stamped it first in Memento Tuxedo Black, colored it with Copic markers, then restamped it with Altenew Obsidian black.  Once the pigment ink dried, it was die cut with the matching die.  On a slim sized panel, I ink bended Altenew Pumpkin Pie ink to provide a sort of "glow" from behind the large floral image.  I adhered the left side of the floral image to the panel then die cut the panel with a stitched rectangle from Waffle Flower's Slim Lacy Layers dies.


Before using the rectangle die, I made sure the bottom of the leaf and any petals close to the edge were outside the die so they were not cut off.  Because those areas were not adhered with glue, I then add thin foam squares to provide a small amount of dimension.  The sentiment, from the Simon Says Stamp Hibiscus Blooms stamp and die set, was an extra so I simply die cut two additional in order to layer it up.  It seemed that the card needed a little something more, so I added a few of the glorious Aura gems from Spellbinders for some pretty sparkle.


Looking forward to seeing your card in the gallery with your latest florals!  In the meantime, be sure to head over to The Flower Challenge blog, because the other DT members have some gorgeous inspiration for you!

Thanks for visiting!  Take care!

Stef


Copic markers:  BV08, 13, 02, 00, 000, 0000, YG17, G43, 20

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is ever so lovely, Stef!

Aileen said...

Such a sunning card, I had to go order this flower after seeing it here and being reminded just how beautiful it is. Coloured to perfection xx Aileen

Bobby said...

I wish I could Copic color like this, Stef. Your Chrystanthemum is absolutely gorgeous!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a perfect addition to your collection Stef (and it may well find itself on my wish list too after seeing your beautiful card!) Your colouring leaves me awestruck as always and I love the soft background you created. Vicky x