Sunday, February 5, 2023

Hello for Sunday Stamps

Hello and welcome!  It's time for a new challenge at Sunday Stamps and this time it is a fabulous sketch by Annette!  


While Annette has included flowers on each side of her sketch, you are free to add whatever images you like.  I decided to create a wreath with die cut branches and flowers.


I knew I wanted to use my new Sweet Blooms die set from Altenew, but it took me a while to settle on die cutting colored cardstock.  I thought I might watercolor the stems and flowers on watercolor paper but didn't like how it looked. Then I tried Copic coloring on white cardstock and still wasn't happy, so I finally pulled out some of my favorite cardstock colors from Concord and 9th, did more die cutting and was finally okay with the results.


To create the wreath on the panel of Aqua Sky, I originally started with just white die cut branches, decided that looked to blah, so I added some die cut from Peacock.  The flowers were die cut from Honeysuckle, Ballet Slipper, Stampin' Up's Calypso Coral and white.  They were layered up, added to the wreath, then several of the tiny die cut flowers were adhered around the wreath.  Finally, I added silver pearls to all the flowers before placing the die cut sentiment (Altenew's Versatile Greetings) in the center of the wreath.


This is a great sketch and I hope you will join us with your fabulous creation!  For more inspiration, be sure to swing by the challenge (link above) and check out the beautiful cards by the other DT members!


Take care!

Stef

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Sounds like this card gave you a bit of trouble. Even so, it turned out lovely! Great colors too!

Lisa Elton said...

Sometimes a card takes many paths, but you came out with a beauty!

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, this is gorgeous! I love the beautiful wreath and all the fun layered flowers! Those little flowers are too sweet all around the wreath! Have a great week!

Melissa Grant said...

Hey Stef! Great idea making the circle a wreath!! LOVE it!