Thursday, February 16, 2023

Just a Note for Color Hues

Hello friends!  It's mid-month and time for another fabulous challenge at Color Hues!  This time the talented Tracey has chosen the colors Cyan and Lime Green.  Love this color combo!


Since I wanted to get the hue closest to cyan, I did a google search and found it is a greenish blue rather than a blue green, so I found what I felt was the closed ink color in my collection, one more on the blue than blue green side.  But quite honestly, I think anything in the green blue/aqua family would work for our challenge, so don't be intimidated by that.


I had been searching through my butterfly dies last month for one to use for a different challenge and realized I had this beautiful Birch Press Design Butterfly Basics die set that I'd purchased 18 months ago and never used.  So this seemed like the perfect opportunity.   I used the simplest combination of dies, cutting the base from white cardstock and the top detail piece from Lawn Fawn Pearlescent Vellum.  I blended Altenew Sea Breeze and Tide Blue on the base, concentrating the darker color in the middle, fading out to a very light blue.  The vellum piece was then glued on just in the middle, which was hidden under two of Lucy's Cards Silver Pearls.


Next a panel of white cardstock was ink blended with Altenew Bamboo and Parrot inks, this time blending the darker color on the outside and the lighter towards to middle.  While the ink dried, I die cut the Birch Press Epiphany Plate Layers A & B from white cardstock.  The dies cut the outer portion as well as two inner circle pieces.  I layered the two larger pieces on the lime panel, then added just one of the inner circles from Plate A, then adhered the butterfly in the middle with glue at the center, one layer of foam on the lower part of the wing and a double layer of foam under the upper part of the wing.  The Memory Box Just a Note Posh Script dies were cut from matte silver and white, adhered together then glued directly to the card.  The last touch was to add a few more silver pearls to pull the design together.  I love these colors and how this all came together!


I hope you're equally inspired by these colors and decide to play along with us - you have until 9 am EST on 2/28.  In the meantime, be sure to use the link above and check out the fantastic cards by the other DT members.

Thanks for stopping by - take care!

Stef

10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Your shades of the colors work for me, Stef! This is a lovely delicate card!

Julie B said...

Love the blue butterfly over the green, so fresh and springlike. When is blue green not green blue?! :)

Karen said...

All that work definitely paid off in a gorgeous card with so many details! Very elegant!

Stef Perry said...

Ha ha Julie B, it's just me, I tend to over think things ;-)

Linda said...

This is so pretty Stef. Love the vellum over the blue butterfly. It really softens it. And then the lime green just makes it pop. Thanks for having me as the GD at Color Hues Challenge.

Nancy said...

This is a stunning card, Stephanie! I adore it so much! Have a great day!

Marcia Hill said...

This card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL Stef!! That butterfly is GORGEOUS and I love how you made the color dark to light and the vellum layer too...so ethereal. And that background...perfection!!! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Tracey McNeely said...

Stef you selected amazing stamps and dies to create with. The Birch Press Epiphany layer dies and butterflies are a couple of my favourite Birch Press dies! SO very pretty I love the colours you used!

JulieP said...

This is gorgeous! I love how the circular design fo the background shows off that beautiful butterfly. Great touch with the silver too.

Cindy Beach said...

Your ink blending is amazing and the large delicate butterfly is a beauty! I love the variation in colors and the exquisite cover plate. This card is a show-stopper, Stef!