Wednesday, February 1, 2023

A Whole Year More IncredibleRer

Hello friends!  I'm popping in with my second card of the day (you can find my DT card for Color Hues here.)  This card is a sweet CAS birthday card for the challenges at Just Us Girls and Seize the Birthday.



I've had this darling stamp from Stamping Bella for a number of months and never used it, so these challenges were a prime opportunity to get it inked up.


Little Miss Tiny Townie Bree definitely has her hands full with that enormous cake topped with a small candle.  She was stamped and colored with Copic markers, then die cut with an Essential Arches die from Ellen Hutson.  I used the same die to cut an arch from SSS Doll Pink cardstock but only using the frame portion.  


The arched panel with the colored image was adhered directly to the card front, then I ran a bead of glue all around the outside of it so I could adhere the frame.  Unfortunately, the photos don't capture the shimmer added with an Aqua Shimmer pen to her crown, the big bow around her waist and the cake frosting, but it looks pretty IRL!  The candle is pretty tiny, so I had to delicately color it with the same bright pink and the flame in yellow, then I added a touch of glossy accents to the flame.  I tried to fit a sentiment on the card front but nothing worked so I put it on the inside.


The first part of the sentiment, which I think is just too cute (!), is from the same stamp set.  The Happy Birthday is from an old Paper Smooches set called Sentiment Sampler.  I thought the two fonts worked well together.


Well, there you have it, my CAS birthday card with a candle!  Thanks for taking a moment to stop by!  

Take care!

Stef



Copics:  B26, 04, 2, 01, 00, RV17, 06, 04, 02, YR24, 23, Y15, 11, E57, 55, 53, 51, 37, 33, 31, 29, 21, 11, 000, R21

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, she's just the best! This is such a cute card, Stef. Loved seeing it in the JUGs gallery!

Carol said...

GORGEOUS Stef! Your coloring is, as always, out of this world!!! What a bright, fun card!!!! So glad you joined us this week at Just Us Girls!

Ashwini Rao said...

This is precious!! Your coloring is absolutely stunning, and she looks gorgeous and the cake scrumptious! So glad you joined us at the Seize the Birthday challenge with this lovely treat! Do join us once again!