Sunday, February 19, 2023

Boho Hello for Sunday Stamps

Hello friends!  It's time for a new color challenge at Sunday Stamps with a gorgeous color board.  I really love these colors and I hope it inspires you as well!


I'm also joining the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the current theme is "Emboss It".

I ended up using the light blue and the greens on my card, along with neutrals gray and black.  I used some glossy black paper and had a heck of a time getting a decent photo, so I apologize for the quality - my camera definitely doesn't want to focus in on shiny or metallic things.


Oh, this card was so fun to make!  I used the branches and vases from Altenew's Boho Vases and palm branches from the Parlor Palm die sets, die cutting the them from three green cardstocks - Concord & 9th's Sprout and Parsley along with Simon Says Stamp's Green Apple.  The vases were die cut from SSS Black Glossy cardstock and I added hand cut scraps of white on the reverse side to cover the openings.  


The background was created by embossing a panel of Stampin' Up Balmy Blue cardstock with the new Altenew Masonry Wall 3D embossing folder then lightly swiping my Hero Arts Unicorn White ink across it to catch some of the layers.  I absolutely love the ef, it reminds me of the fireplace surrounds and walls in mid-century homes. When the ink dried, a strip of Lawn Fawn Gray Woodgrain cardstock was layered on the panel, then the vases were added with foam squares.  The branches were tucked into their respective vases, then I glued the base of the palms down, letting the tops pop up, and I used foam squares to adhere the smaller barnches.  The sentiment was die cut using the SSS Bold Hello die, twice from white and once from the black glossy cardstock.  Once that was adhered, then panel was added to a white card base to finish things off.


Thanks for visiting, I appreciate it!  Be sure to use the link above to check out the fabulous cards by the other DT members, and hopefully be inspired to join us!  The challenge will remain open until 4 pm MST / 6 pm EST March 3.

Take care!

Stef



6 comments:

Nancy said...

Stef, I had to come by from SS for a better look at this wonderful card. Love the colors and those fun vases. The background looks great too. Reminds me of decor you would find in a spa. I think you should go get the MFT Spa Kit that was showcased today as you have the colors and style down perfectly.

dj said...

Fantastic!! You nailed our new color combo perfectly with your boho hello card!! Your card is sure to inspire those who decide to play along with our new "Spring Dreaming" color challenge!! #SSC303

I Card Everyone said...

Stef, I nearly bought that embossing folder because it reminded me so much of the ledge rock we put on the house we built! It looks so cool with your woodgrain, and these boho vases full of greenery.
Very pretty card!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Nancy's right, this reminds me of a spa too! It's a marvelous card, Stef and you've filled those fancy vases perfectly!

Heidi Baks said...

I'm a sucker for botanicals, but that background is beautiful! I love it!!

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, I love your card. I love aztec patterns and these vases are amazing! Love how the black pops off your card. SO FUN!!!!!!