Thursday, September 29, 2022

Countless Beautiful Reasons for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge

Hello friends!  It's time for a new Tic Tac Toe Challenge and this week Jeanne has created a wonderful board with plenty of inspiring combinations.


I really thought I was going to make a Halloween card for my DT card, but then I was drawn to a beautiful Stamptember stamp and die set I managed to snag before it sold out.  I was also so inspired by the amazing fall colors that Nichol Spohr used here for her DT sample, that I CASEd her card, using mostly the same colors but a different card layout.


I started by stamping with Copic friendly brown ink, coloring the images then restamping them with brown pigment ink for a nice dark outline.  I left the stamp in the Misti after the first stamping, then slipped the colored panel back in there for the 2nd stamping before die cutting.  The sentiment was also stamped with the brown pigment ink and die cut.


 Next I used a lattice embossing folder on a panel of white, then gently ink blended with a light blue ink on the debossed side, so the lattice indentations remained white.  I trimmed it down then added a horizontal strip of Matte Gold cardstock.  It sure doesn't look very metallic in the photos, but I assure you it is metallic cardstock!  The ink panel was added directly to the 5" x 7" natural white (looks ivory) card base, then the colored images and the sentiment were added with foam tape.  The last step was to use my gold gel pen to color the berries in the flower center.


Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate it!  Be sure to use the link above to check out the wonderful cards by the other DT members and hopefully be inspired to join us this week!  Also take a minute to pop over to Nichol Spohr's blog, she is such a super talented artist!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Beautiful Moments (Memory Box/Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White and Natural White, Matte Gold (SSS)
Ink:  Gina K Chocolate Truffle Amalgam, Versafine Clair Pinecone Pigment, Altenew Sea Breeze
Other:  Beautiful Moments dies, Gina K Lattice embossing folder, Waffle Flower A7 Layers rectangle die, Altenew gold gel pen
Copics:  YR18, 27, 24, 23, 07, 14, 21, 31, E19, YG97, 95, 91

2 comments:

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

I love your card! The blue shading behind the fall sprigs make a stunning card!

Trina P. said...

Beautiful card and colouring. The light blue debossed background looks like a trellis for these pretty Autumn colour florals.