Sunday, September 11, 2022

Celebrate You!

Hello friends! Today I'm joining two special challenges, both celebrating the 2nd birthday of the Color Hues Challenge.  The endlessly talented Nancy Leppek started this challenge two years ago and it has become a smashing success!  The Color Hues' sister challenge, Seize the Birthday, is celebrating along with them.  I'm getting in at nearly the tail of the challenges; it seems the last week has been chockablock full of other things to do besides playing in my craft room.  However, I finally carved out some time in order to join the celebration!



These colors seemed to be perfect for a masculine birthday card, but in the end I think this card would work for anyone.


First step was to use the Interlocking Circle stencils to create the background.  I used a mixed media paper for ease of laying down color and inked up the 4 layering stencils.  Once the ink was dry, I centered a rectangle die on the piece and die cut it.  


Next the sentiment was stamped and cut out with the matching die, along with two additional layers that were added for some dimension. The vellum circle was die cut with double sided adhesive on the back and added to the stenciled panel.  I used thin foam tape to adhere the panel to the white card base, then glued the sentiment on the vellum circle. The final step was to add holographic stars to all the green squares and around the sentiment, which made it so much more festive!  


Thanks for taking time to stop by, I appreciate it.  Have a great week and take care!

Stef


Stamps:  XL Birthday Greetings (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Vicki Boutin Mixed Media, Lawn Fawn Pearlescent Vellum
Ink:  Lime, Tanzanite (both Altenew)
Other:  XL Birthday Greetings die, Interlocking Circles Stencil (SSS), Oh My Stars Confetti Mix (Trinity Stamps), Hero Arts Nested Infinity Rectangle and Circle dies

5 comments:

Karen said...

A fabulous card, Stef! I would never have guessed that was a stenciled background--it's gorgeous. The holographic stars definitely add some glitz! Thanks for helping us celebrate at Color Hues!

Cathy said...

Fabulous stencilling, I thought it was a stamp or diecut! It makes a gorgeous background and I agree, perfect for anyone. Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Nancy said...

Stef, This looks so cool! I love that stenciled background and how you used the colors so well. Then the added stars are just perfect along with the bold greeting! You are so very sweet my friend! Thanks so much for your kind words and for playing at Seize the Birthday and Color Hues!

Lisa Elton said...

Wow, that's a stenciled background... I thought it was paper! Great job, Stef this is fabulous!

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous card! Love the stenciled background and use of the colors! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Colors Hues Challenge! 💙💚