Thursday, September 15, 2022

Hello Friend for The Flower Challenge

Hello friends!  It's the 15th of the month and time for our reminder cards for The Flower Challenge.  This month we've had lots of beautiful sparkle in our gallery and I hope you're inspired to join us - you have until the 25th of September to play along.

For my card, I kept things relatively simple, adding sparkle with a pretty die cut sentiment but also some sparkle on the flower as well.


We've been enjoying some beautiful sunflowers from our yard, so I was inspired to use this large image from Colorado Craft Company.  It came out last spring in support of Ukraine, but I hadn't had a chance to use it until now.  It's so large my card ended up being 4.5" x 6.25", which fits perfectly in an A6 envelope.  Anyway, I began by stamping and coloring the flower with Copic markers then die cut it with the coordinating die.  


The large friend word was die cut twice from white and once from non-shedding white glitter paper that I colored with one of my brown Copic marker to get a better color match.  I hadn't tried that before but saw other card makers successfully do it and I was pleased that it did not harm the nib of my marker.  The layers were adhered together and then to the shadow die cut from Neenah Natural White.  I also use Natural White for the card base, then added a panel of white woodgrain paper.  The sunflower was adhered directly to the panel, then the sentiments added, the sub-sentiment popped up with foam tape.  Lastly, I used my aqua shimmer pen and covered the entire flower, although the photo really only picks up the sparkle in the middle.  With all that sparkle, I didn't think anything further needed to be added to the card.


Please be sure to use the link above to see all the beautiful reminder cards from the other Design Team members and hopefully join us this month.

Thanks for visiting!  Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Ukraine's Sunflower (Colorado Craft Company), Itty Bitty Basics (MFT)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White and Natural White, Woodgrain Embossed White (Ellen Hutson)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Pinecone
Other:  Ukraine's Sunflower die, Master Layouts 9 dies (friend and sentiment label/Gina K Designs), Aqua Shimmer pen (Tonic Nuvo)
Copics:  YR27, 24, 21, Y19, 15, 11, E29 37, 39, 34, 33, 31, 30, YG67, 17, 25, 03

5 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Stef, I'd give anything to beam myself into your yard to see your sunflowers! For now, I'm more than happy with the one you shared today - so beautiful and mighty!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Your big beautiful sunflower makes me smile! Fabulous card, Stef!

TaeEun said...

The sunflower is colored beautifully, Stef! I love that you added a woodgrain panel which gives a natural look to the card!

Carol L said...

That is one gorgeous sunflower and I love that glittered sentiment too! It looks so real and your coloring is fabulous! Beautiful card!

Bobby said...

Sunflowers are such a happy flower and yours is beautifully colored, Stef. I'm sure it will bring a smile to the friend who receives it.