Sunday, September 4, 2022

Poinsettia Christmas for The Flower Challenge

Hello friends!  Today I'm sharing my design team card for The Flower Challenge.  This month our theme is sparkle and I hope you'll join us!


This is my second blog post today - you can view my fall themed DT card for Sunday Stamps here.

I'm also joining the current Time Out Challenges where the theme is Festive, Addicted To Stamps and More for their Christmas challenge and the CAS Christmas Card Challenge with a September theme of Sparkle.






I decided to create a Christmas floral and let the sentiment provide the sparkle.


I used three of the lovely poinsettia stamps from Waffle Flower, stamped and colored with Copic markers.  I also added some silver to the flower centers and the little berry branch with a gel pen.  Before die cutting with the matching dies, I popped the stamped panel back into my Misti, where I'd left the stamp and restamped, this time with black pigment ink.


I used a large panel of Bristol paper, ink blending around the edges with Salvaged Patina Distress Ink, then using Transparent Texture paste through a snowflake stencil along the bottom third.  When that dried, it was just too transparent, so I lightly swiped a white pigment ink pad across the raised portions to help it stand out just a wee bit more.  The sentiment was die cut twice from white cardstock then once from silver glitter and layered together for dimension.  After the background was dried, trimmed down to 4.5"x 6" and adhered to a white cardbase, the flowers and sentiment were added.  The last bit was to add a few snowflake embellishments.


I'm so glad you stopped by and I do hope that you'll join us this month at TFC, you have until the 25th of September.  In the meantime, do be sure to use the link above and look at all the beautiful cards created by my fellow DT members.

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Poinsettia (WF)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Koh-I-Nor Bristol, Silver Glitter (Simon Says Stamp)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne, Salvage Patina Distress, Shark Tooth White (Ink on 3)
Other:  Poinsettia dies, Merry Christmas Poe Script dies (Poppystamps), Delicate Snowflake stencil (SSS), Texture Paste Transparent Matte (Ranger), Vanilla Sugar Snowflake Embellisments (Trinity Stamps)
Copics:  R59, 39, 35, 37, G28, 27, 03, Y17, 03, BG72, 70, 57, 53, 11

13 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful poinsettia spray, Stef - just love it with the sparkly sentiment and embossed snowflakes!!

donna mikasa said...

So pretty! Love the sparkly sentiment!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Stef, love the poinsettia and the wonderful sparkle on your sentiment. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a gorgeous poinsettia card, Stef! The softly ink-blended background enhances the beauty of the colored poinsettia spray. Restamping definitely gave the image definition and swiping white pigment made the snowflakes stand out. AND the sparkle of the silver glittery sentiment is so pretty! Thank you so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!
Hideko xx

Lisa Elton said...

I like your pretty poinsettia swag topping off the fabulous sparkly sentiment! So happy you added this gem to our CAS Christmas gallery, Stef!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love your gorgeous poinsettias, Stef. They are beautifully placed, and are perfect with your wonderfully sparkly sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us in the festivities at Time Out.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Stef, I love the soft background you created for your gorgeous spray of Poinsettias, the embossed snowflakes are a sweet and subtle detail that adds a very dreamy feel.
The font on the sparkly sentiment is just so beautiful.
Amazing card, teammate.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO
Maria.

Loll said...

Gorgeous mix of elements on your card Steph! The poinsettias are beautifully coloured and I love the deep red over your soft blue background with embossing. The silver die-cut sentiment adds so much beautififul sparkle! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Bobby said...

I love the soft panel to show off your beautiful poinsettia, Stef. The die cut sentiment adds lots of sparkle and fits the design perfectly.

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card Stef. Those poinsettias are so pretty arched on that lovely background you created.

Julia Aston said...

what a lovely spray of poinsettias Stef, set off by the wonderful sparkle of your sentiment! Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas! xx

Susan Renshaw said...

Beautiful!

Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
Susan
Addicted to Stamps and More
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Ericka Strange said...

Beautiful card Stef and I love the shimmery die cut. So stunning with your gorgeous poinsettias!