Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Birthday Roses for The Flower Challenge

Hello friends!  It's time for a new challenge at The Flower Challenge, where we're celebrating our 6th birthday!  Woo hoo!  And while it's our birthday, all the winners and a several random participants will be receiving prizes.  All you have to do is share your lovely floral card and be sure to include a sentiment.

We're also very fortunate to have the lovely Emily Midgett as our guest designer this month, plus she has generously contributed a few of her original illustrated panel sets as prizes.

I'm also joining the current CAS themed challenge at Seize the Birthday.



I had to make a birthday card for this wonderful celebration (plus it worked for sharing at STB!) and used one of my favorite floral images, which coincidentally was designed by Emily for Simon Says Stamp. 


The floral image was stamped and colored with Copic markers, then die cut with the coordinating die.  It's a very large image of which I had to trim down to fit on the ink blended panel.  I used Salvaged Patina Distress ink in one corner, going lighter as I moved across the panel and left one corner white.  


When it was time to adhere the floral die cut to the panel, I realized there was a large amount of white space in the center of the die cut piece and thought it was look odd against the blue background.  I remedied this by coloring all the white around the flowers and leaves with two blue-green markers, using the tip-to-tip method for creating a color similar to Salvaged Patina.  With that done, the die cut was adhered to the panel, then I stamped a birthday greeting in the upper left corner before adhering the panel to the card base with thin foam tape.  The final step was to add a few sparkly gems around the sentiment.


So pop on over to the blog (link above) to check out all the amazing inspiration by the DT and Emily, along with all the wonderful prizes to be given away!

Thanks for stopping by and take care.

Stef


Stamps:  Celebrate Rose Corner (SSS), Bitty Buzzwords (sentiment/Honey Bee Stamps)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne, Salvaged Patina Distress
Other:  Celebrate Rose Corner, Marvelous Moments Gem Stickers (HB)
Copics:  RV69, 66, 55, 52, G99, 85, 94, 82, BG45, 10

10 comments:

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card and beautiful coloring. Love your floral image over the blended background. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful card, Stef! I love the color of you roses!

Barbara said...

You used your Copic markers and brought this beautiful flower to life. Great job and a knockout card. So glad that you shared it with us at Seize the Birthday Challenge.

Aileen said...

Ahhh Stef, when I went on the blog and saw your card I fell in love, have to get this stamp. Didn't realise it was a Emily image, no wonder I fell in love.
But then to colour it as well as you have, I will work on that. A wonderful occassion 6 years and I am so glad that you agreed to join us as part of the team. May we have many more years ahead xx hugs Aileen

Nancy said...

Absolutely stunning, Stef! One of my favorites in the gallery for sure! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Ericka Strange said...

Gorgeous card Stef and I love your beautiful coloring. So stunning!

Bobby said...

Beautiful job of coloring those flowers, Stef.

TaeEun said...

Wow!!! What a beautiful coloring! I love how you placed the flowers and the sentiment, and the soft teal background makes your card look more artistic!

I Card Everyone said...

Stef you were so right to color that white space! Your beautifully colored blooms now seem like they are part of the background! Absolutely gorgeous!
=]

Maria Rodriguez. said...

I love these gorgeous flowers and the colors you chose, the soft, blended background makes them really pop.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO