Thursday, August 18, 2022

Sweater Weather for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge

Hello friends!  It's time for a new Tic Tac Toe Challenge!  This week Claire has created a wonderful tic tac toe board to spark your imagination!

I'm also joining the Time Out Challenge to create your own background, the Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge, which is Anything Goes, along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge with a theme of Christmas and the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge with a theme of Fun with Stencils.



I decided to go diagonal on the tttc board - polka dots, die cuts, embossing - and had oodles of fun making this cute slimline Christmas card!


Oh my, those sweaters with the cute images just drew me in and then. The. Sentiments.  Love a good pun!  The stamp set is new from Colorado Craft Company and the illustrator is new to 3C as well.  Her name is Kris Lauren and I was totally smitten with her work along with those of Anita Jeram.  Lots of cute Christmas cards in the near future!

Anyway, I stamped out these three sweaters, colored them with Copic markers and then used the dies to cut them out.  My white gel pen was handy in adding polka dots on the sleeves of the bear sweater and some extra line detail on the deer sweater.   


The background panel was ink blended with Speckled Egg Distress ink, which I was thrilled to find matched my BG markers beautifully.  Next I used a snowflake stencil and applied Glitz Glitter gel over it for some pretty sparkle.  While that dried, the sentiments were red heat embossed and die cut.  I adhered the background panel to the white card base, laid out all the components how I wanted them arranged, then adhered them all with thin foam squares and I was finished!  My husband even liked this card (although he rolled his eyes at the puny sentiment), so while it's not one I would mass produce, I have enough time before the holidays to make a few more to send out this year.


Thanks so much for visiting, I appreciate it.  Please be sure to use the link above to check out the fantastic cards by the other DT members and hopefully be inspired to join us this week!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Sweater Weather (Kris Lauren/Colorado Craft Company)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Koh-I-Noor Bristol (Dick Blick)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Speckled Egg Distress
Other:  Sweater Weather dies, Delicate Snowflakes stencil (Simon Says Stamp), White Glitz Glitter Gel (Gina K Designs), Sakura White Gelly Roll pen, Red Hot Embossing Powder (GKD)
Copics:  BG78, 75, 72, 70, R59, 46, 27, 05, 20, W9, 3, 1, 0, C3, 1, 00, BV23, 20, YR18, 68, 65, E29, 37, 34, 31, 30

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

How CUTE is this! I'm completely smitten with the polar bear sweater. Love this, Stef!

Lia said...

The sweaters are adorable. It's a great card!
Lia DT POE

Darlene said...

Oh Stef, this is SO SO CUTE!! What a fabulous idea! LOVE all the 'not so ugly' sweaters! LOL Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!!

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love the background you created for those awesome sweaters, Stef. Each one is cuter than the last, and your coloring is stellar - no surprise. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Papirnato Srce said...

Amazing coloring and the choice of color. Love it!

Greta said...

Really love the sparkly snowflake background! Adorable sweaters & fun card!