Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Be Merry

Hello friends!  I was working away on my Christmas cards when I saw Anne Marie's terrific sketch at The Paper Players this week and decided to use it for another holiday card.  I'm also joining Addicted to Stamps and More with a Christmas theme and the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. 



I decided to make a cute Christmas card for one of my many dog loving friends using one of the images from the new Anita Jeram/Colorado Craft Company stamp sets.


I just love this fluffy golden retriever with his hat on (can you say good boy?).  I stamped and colored him with Copic markers, then used the matching die to cut him out, then he was mounted onto a white die cut oval with thin foam squares.  I'd searched through my cardstock to find a blue to go with the striped pattern paper and came upon this previously die cut scallop oval. Yay, I love it when that happens!


I added the piece of patterned paper to my white card base, then found a strip of Stampin' Up Real Red card stock that worked beautifully for the cross piece (it's like the perfect true red - I always have some in my stash).  The focal image was adhered to the card and then the sentiment was stamped die cut and popped up on thin foam squares.  Then I decided it really needed some sparkle, so I found the previously die cut zig sag strips of Glitter White paper, added them above and below the red horizontal strip, plus found a few stars from the same glitter paper that I'd punched out last year and didn't use.  A little bit of shimmer was painted on the white "fur" on the dog's had as the final touch.


Take care and have a great remainder of your week and stay cool if you're suffering through the many heat waves around the country right now.  Thanks for stopping by!

Stef


Stamps:  Christmas Hats, Happy New Year (both Anita Jeram/CCC)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Sea Glass (Simon Says Stamp), Real Red (SU), Glitter White (SSS), Cool Collab Patterned Paper (MFT)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Other:  Christmas Hats die, Scallop Oval die (Spellbinders), Essential Ovals dies (Ellen Hutson), Stars Border punch and Zig Zag Border die (both ret. SU)
Copics:  R59, 46, 27, 17, YR27, 24, 23, 31, 30, W9, 7, 5, 3, 1, 0

5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute little pup and I like the stripes in the background! Darling card, Stef!

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Stef, We love having you play along at The Paper Players! Love the 'good boy' golden and his adorable hat! The striped paper complements him beautifully. Love the festive addition of stars and glimmer paper too.

Ann Schach said...

An adorable pup, and perfectly colored, Stef! The colors are so festive. The star embellishments are a wonderful way to highlight the sentiment. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Oh my goodness he really IS a good (and adorable) boy! I just love everything about this card, Stef. Thank you so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Izzy Scrap said...

OMG, what a cutie ! That's one I don't get (yet) in my stash but it is absolutely adorable. Love the beautiful design you've done to pop it up ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.