Friday, August 19, 2022

CAS Happy Holidays

Hello friends!  I finally had a chance to work on a couple of Christmas cards last week, and the one I'm sharing today was made for the monthly CAS Christmas Card Challenge.  I was determined to make Christmas cards every month this year so it would not be a panic-filled time in my craft room come December, but then I was wooed away by all the pretty flowers of spring and let go of my Christmas card making fervor.  Now I'm trying to remedy that!  At least it's August and not late fall lol!


For my card, I used some dies that are intended for creating a snow globe shaped tag or ornament, but instead I used them on my card front. I originally saw them used in a Jennifer McGuire video back in November 2020, where she used them to make tags.  You can find it here. I thought they were so cute and finally bought the dies during a Memory Box sale this year.


With the exception of the night sky, everything was die cut from white card stock.  I layered two of the snow globe dies together to create the hills and pine trees, which were then adhered to an ink blended and splattered panel die cut with a nested globe die.  The panel for the sky was one I'd previously created and stuck in my stash for future use. I used Distress Inks and splattered with water and white gouache to create the "snow".


The sentiment was stamped in blue pigment ink that matched perfectly and was die cut with a label die.  A panel of white was embossed with a snow folder, adhered to the white card base, then the snowglobe scene added on top.  Santa and the reindeer, along with the star were adhered and the sentiment label popped up with thin foam squares.  The last step was to add Star Dust Stickles to the Star, Santa and the Reindeer and the trees for that great bit of sparkle!


Thanks for taking time to visit!  Take care and have a great weekend!

Stef


Stamps:  My Monthly Hero Oct 2017 card kit (sentiment/Hero Arts)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Strathmore Bristol
Ink:  Versafine Clair Blue Belle; Seedless Preserves, Chipped Sapphire and Blueprint Sketch Distres
Other:  Memory Box Cabin Snowglobe, Radiant Snowglobe, and Nested Globe dies, Stars die (Simon Says Stamp), Softly Falling embossing folder (ret. SU), Fishtail Foundation die (MFT), white gouache, Star Dust Stickles

5 comments:

Loll said...

Your white-in-white winter scene stands out against the gorgeous night sky that you've created, Stef. Thanks so much for sharing with us as CAS Christmas!

Trina P. said...

Oh I love that rich and vibrant blue sky. It really pops against all that fabulous white space. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Lisa Elton said...

Wowee, your night sky is incredible! What a pretty card, Stef. So happy to have you joining us at CAS Christmas!

Marcia Hill said...

What a FABULOUS scene you've created using all that white on white against your gorgeous deep blue and frosty looking sky Stef...this card really shines!! (and sparkles!!) Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful card with us at CAS Christmas! Marcia (DT) :0)

Christine Alexander said...

wow, amazing winter scene with the white on white die cut frame and love the deep blue of the sky. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.