Monday, August 15, 2022

Beautiful Birthday for The Flower Challenge

Hello friends!  Today's card is for The Flower Challenge mid-month reminder of our current challenge which is to use a circle or circles on your card.  I've gone the easy route this time with my card and you can too!  Just remember to upload your card by the 25th.


For my card, I used one of my all time favorite floral images from Altenew.


The flower, leaves and berry branch were all stamped, colored with Copic markers, then die cut with the coordinating dies.  I love the soft pink with the dark blue-green leaves, and I used a muted green and purple for the berry branch.  I had a leftover die cut circle with a pretty design and decided to use that for mounting the floral image.


Happily, the embossed sentiment was a leftover as well.  For the background I used a cover plate on white, then die cut it with a rectangle die and adhered it to the white card base.  Two more circles were die cut and layered together under the top one, then added to the base.  I adhered the leaves and branch to the back of the flower, trimmed off any excess, then used thin foam squares to adhere to the circle.  The sentiment was also added with foam squares and some enamel dots finished things off.


I certainly hope you'll join us by the 25th of the month and in the meantime, be sure to use the link above to see my teammate's beautiful creations!  

As always, thanks for visiting and take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Beautiful Day, Sentiment Strips 3 (both Altenew)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Pitch Black (Hero Arts)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Other:  Beautiful Day matching dies, Featured Sentiment die (A), Fold Edge Circle die (Pinkfresh Studio), Stitched Diamonds Coverplate die (PS), Nested Infinity Rectangle die (HA), Cherry Blossom Enamel Dots (A), Fine Detail White Embossing Powder (Simon Says Stamp)
Copics:  RV95, 55, 52, YR18, 27, 23, V28, 25, 22, BG99, 96, 93, 90, 78, 75, 72

3 comments:

Bobby said...

That is one of my favorite Altenew flowers too, Stef, and you've colored it beautifully. I love the design of your card with all the texture and the flower on the circle.

Lisa Elton said...

I'm with you and Bobby, I love this Altenew set too! You've worked your usual magic with it and the results are beautiful!

Aileen said...

What an amazing card this is Stef, your colouring is this timeless beauty makes me want to go get it out again.. the petals all look so beautiful xx Aileen