Thursday, August 4, 2022

In the Moment

Hello and welcome!  I'm back with another post today, this time for a fun challenge at The Paper Players (you can find my DT card for both The Flower Challenge and the Tic Tac Toe Challenge here)  

Since the Paper Players' challenge fell on the 5th Sunday of the month, Claire has created a fantastic Tic Tac Toe board. I went down the middle column (person/blue/cold drink).


I'm also sharing my card at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, where this week's theme is to Emboss It.

I decided to use a new-to-me stamp set for my card.  The In the Moment stamp set from Stampin' Up has three lovely images, one of which worked perfectly with the tic tac toe board.


I started by stamping our lovely lady enjoying her cold glass of rose while enjoying her ocean view.  For time's sake I used Copic markers to color the scene, but all three of the images would definitely lend themselves to coloring with watercolors as well.  The colored panel was die cut and layered on a slightly larger square of white cardstock.  


Next a panel of Fresh Freesia was embossed with the retired SU Seaside folder, then adhered to a white card base.  I cut a rectangle of kraft to mound the picture and the sentiment, but before adhering I felt it need a little something more.  So, I think determining what that "something more" should be took more time than the rest of the card lol!  In the end I used a retired piece of crochet trim under the main image, which I think added some delicate texture.  After everything was adhered, I used Glossy Accents on the wine glass to give it some shine and when it was dry, used a white gel pen to add a line of reflection and then decided to create some waves in the water with it as well.


So glad you took time to visit, I appreciate it.  Stay cool and take care!

Stef


Stamps:  In the Moment (SU), Sentiment Strips (Altenew)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White and Desert Storm, Fresh Freesia (SU)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Other:  Seaside embossing folder (ret.SU), Selfie Squares die (MFT), Skinny Strips die (MFT), Victoria Crochet Trim (ret.SU), Ranger Glossy Accents, Sakura White Gelly Roll pen
Copics:  B18, 16, 000, V05, 01, 000, E59, 57, 55, 49, 47, 34, 31, 30, 13, 11, 00

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Your wavy embossed background was the perfect choice for this fun image! Terrific card, Stef!

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, this is gorgeous! I would like to be this girl standing with my wine, looking at the ocean. Your embossing is just perfect and the coloring of your image is amazing! LOVE it! So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

What a lovely way to use this image....although I would have to have Moscato, not rose, LOL! Pretty colors too! Thanks for playing with our grid this week!

Jennie Maier said...

What a perfect card for the TTT challenge! Love the embossing background and the coloring is just beautiful! Thanks for playing at The Paper Players!