Sunday, August 21, 2022

Old Friends for Sunday Stamps

Hello friends! It's time for a new challenge at Sunday Stamps and this week we have fabulous sketch created by the talented Annette!

I decided to use some newer products I hadn't yet used to create my card and to use a rectangular frame rather than a circle.


I started by using the Stampin' Up Timeless Tiles background stamp.  I've had this for months and it needed to be inked up!  I used a light green and purposely die not try to get complete coverage.  When that was done, the panel was trimmed down and adhered to a white card base. I did use a sponge dauber to add some ink for a tiny bit of antiquing, but it's very hard to see in photos because I intentionally left it very light.  

Next the flowers were stamped, colored with Copics and die cut with matching dies.  I also die cut the frame four times, three out of white and the last out of silver, then adhered them together.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set as the flowers and was stamped with a darker green ink.


The cross pieces were trimmed down from white cardstock, then I used the direct to paper method with the same green used to stamp the background.  When dry, they were added onto the card front, then topped with the frame and flowers, along with the sentiment, and that finished it off.  No embellies this time.


Thanks for visiting, I appreciate it.  Be sure to use the link above to see the beautiful cards by the other DT members and hopefully be inspired to play along with us!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Timeless Tiles (SU), Focus on You (Altenew)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Matte Silver (Simon Says Stamp)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Aspen and Pine (SSS); Antique Linen Distress
Other:  New Day Card Kit Frame (Altenew), Focus on You dies
Sketchmarkers:  V61, 62, 54
Copics:  G29, 21, YG45, YR23, Y17

4 comments:

Heather said...

Oh gosh, Stef - I totally did a double take when I saw your card, lol. I was like - did she leave a die on the picture?? But no, it's the gorgeous silver diecut itself! Joke's on me - and so perfect! Like a magic mirror!

Lisa Elton said...

And what a pretty frame it is! Love the delicate little flowers flowing from it too. Marvelous card!

Heidi Baks said...

What a beautiful frame, and a perfect complement to the background and fun sentiment.

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, this is so beautiful! I love the pretty frame and all the sweet little flowers. The sentiment is so fabulous, too!